even when his fastball hit Nolan Arenado in the a

in Allgemeines 17.07.2019 03:26
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

DENVER (AP) — Cole Hamels was sharp all afternoon — rm.At least that’s what Arenado thinks.Hamels struck out nine in seven scoreless innings http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , singled twice and drove in two runs to lead the Chicago Cubs past the Colorado Rockies 10-1 in a testy game on Wednesday.Article continues below ...It was the third straight start Hamels went at least seven innings and didn’t allow an earned run, but his performance was overshadowed by tensions between the teams that likely contributed to four batters getting hit by pitches.Arenado departed in the fifth inning with a left forearm contusion after Hamels (6-2) plunked him in the third, and three more batters — including Hamels — were hit by pitches later in the game.“It kind of got out of hand but I hope Nolan’s all right,” said Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo, one of the four victims.Javier Báez and Kyle Schwarber homered for Chicago, which snapped a five-game road losing streak. Colorado’s 10-game home winning streak ended.Arenado looked toward the mound after he was hit by Hamels’ pitch, and he said something to the Chicago dugout before walking to first base. He was later forced out at second and played the field in the fourth, throwing out Addison Russell to start the inning. Ryan McMahon replaced him in the top of the fifth.X-rays on his arm were negative.“When I first got hit, I knew it was on the meat, where the muscle is, so I was feeling OK,” Arenado said. “But it was throbbing and it got super-tight, and sometimes when it gets super-tight quick it can be a break. It was just getting tight and the game was getting ugly so they thought just get me out of there and get me rested and hopefully feel better tomorrow.”He wasn’t surprised when Hamels’s pitch got him in the forearm. Chicago’s Kris Bryant was hit by pitches three times in the first two games of the series, and he missed time last year after getting hit in the head by German Márquez at Coors Field. Márquez also hit two Cubs in his start in Chicago last week.“We hit Bryant twice yesterday, buzzed Báez’s tower there on a 1-1 pitch, so I kind of had a feeling it was going to happen Yunel Escobar Jersey ,” Arenado said.Bryant was given the day off, and before the game manager Joe Maddon said it was, in part, because he had been “ball-peened the last couple of days.”But Maddon also said he didn’t think Bryant was hit on purpose, and he said Arenado getting plunked was unintentional.“I’m not going to hit their guys (for) hitting KB. Everybody has the right to pitch inside,” he said. “If you’re going to pitch successfully in this ballpark you have to pitch inside, and some guys are going to get hit.”Colorado manager Bud Black had his suspicions.“It didn’t look right to me,” he said.Things settled down until Rockies reliever Bryan Shaw hit Hamels in the right foot with a pitch in the seventh inning, and Colorado rookie Phillip Diehl hit Rizzo in the eighth, drawing a warning to both dugouts from home plate umpire Roberto Ortiz.Hamels said the pitch got him on the ankle but he would be fine for his next start.“I think he was trying to make pitches inside because I was able to get a couple of hits that were away,” he said.Báez followed with a two-run homer, his 17th, and took extra time to watch it travel 460 feet.“I’d say he watched that one a little extra,” Rizzo said. “When you think something is intentional and you get him back on that it feels a little bit better.”Cubs reliever Brad Brach hit Tony Wolters in the ninth but was not ejected.Chicago scored five times in the second off Antonio Sentenzela (5-5). Jason Heyward had a two-run single and Schwarber hit three-run homer to the second deck in right-center, his 14th. Sentenzela lasted to the fifth inning, when he gave up three more runs Martin Maldonado Jersey , two on a single by Hamels.Hamels got out of a bases-loaded jam in the first and breezed from there, allowing six hits. David Dahl had three of Colorado’s hits.TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: RHP Steve Cishek was carted off the field before the game after getting hit on the inside of his right knee while playing catch with Brandon Kintzler. Cishek said the trainers iced the knee and he feels he should be fine in a day or two.UP NEXTCubs: LHP Jon Lester (5-4, 3.56 ERA) will face Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw in the opener of a four-game series at Los Angeles on Thursday night.Rockies: RHP Jon Gray (5-5, 4.27) will open a four-game home series against San Diego on Thursday night. OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Matt Chapman was thinking slider, and he guessed right.Chapman hit a three-run homer with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning and the Oakland Athletics stunned the skidding Tampa Bay Rays with a 5-4 comeback victory Thursday night.Chapman’s 17th homer and second game-ender came on a 1-0 slider from Diego Castillo (1-5), handed his first blown save in eight chances.Article continues below ...“I knew he didn’t have very good command of that fastball so I thought that he was going to try to sneak a slider in there and I was ready to hit,” Chapman said.Frankie Montas pitched eight innings of one-run ball for the A’s, who rallied for their fourth straight win and seventh in nine games after Tampa Bay took a 4-1 lead with three in the top of the ninth.“It was awesome. I’m still kind of shaking from it,” Chapman said. “That was so much fun and that was just a really big win for us and an important one for sure.”Tommy Pham homered in the sixth for the Rays, who lost their fourth consecutive game and eighth in 10.Robbie Grossman drew a leadoff walk from Castillo, and Jurickson Profar walked one out later. With two outs, Marcus Semien extended his hitting streak to 17 games with a run-scoring single before Chapman connected.“It looked like (Chapman) had an approach where he was going to get a breaking ball, and he wasn’t going to miss it,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said.Lou Trivino (3-5) got one out for the win. Profar hit a solo homer in the fifth to put the A’s ahead.Pham and Brandon Lowe drew consecutive walks from Oakland closer Blake Treinen to start the ninth. After a double steal, Avisaíl García singled in the tiebreaking run and Ji-Man Choi followed with an RBI single.García scored on Willy Adames‘ sacrifice bunt to make it 4-1.Rays starter Charlie Morton pitched 6 1/3 innings of four-hit ball. He gave up one run http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , struck out six and walked two.Montas allowed four hits, struck out nine and walked none.“I was feeling pretty good. I was able to command my fastball and my breaking pitches,” he said.Montas has struck out nine or more in three straight outings.“I’m really not trying to strike out people,” he said. “I’m just trying to get groundballs early. If I get two strikes, I try to put them away.”SHORT HOPSProfar’s homer was just the seventh Morton has given up in 93 2/3 innings. … Montas retired 18 of the last 19 batters he faced.ROSTER MOVESThe Rays recalled RHP Austin Pruitt from Triple-A Durham and optioned LHP Adam Kolarek to their top farm club.TRAINER’S ROOMRays: LHP Jose Alvarado threw a bullpen at the team’s minor league complex in Port Charlotte, Florida. Alvarado was placed on the restricted list retroactive to June 2 after he went to his native Venezuela due to a family emergency. He isn’t expected to go on a minor league rehab assignment. “Hopefully, we avoid that,” Cash said. “Bullpens, maybe set up a (simulated) game, something like that. Obviously, the quicker the better. We need him. He would be a big boost for us when we get him back.”Athletics: Manager Bob Melvin missed the game due to a planned medical appointment to address neck and back pain. He is expected to return Friday. Bench coach Ryan Christenson took over as manager for the night.UP NEXTRays: Had not announced a starting pitcher for Friday.Athletics: RHP Tanner Anderson (0-1, 3.27 ERA) threw 5 2/3 innings of three-hit ball in his first career start June 10 against the Rays. He gave up two runs.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 312 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de