Brewers reliever Corey Knebel says he will have Tommy Jo

in Allgemeines 12.07.2019 03:38
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE (AP) — hn surgery and miss the season Delino DeShields Jersey , a major setback for the NL Central champions.Knebel revealed his decision Friday before Milwaukee played St. Louis.The 27-year-old right-hander had been pitching with a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow since 2014, when he was pitching for the Texas Rangers. He has been sidelined since March 17, when he experienced discomfort in his elbow while pitching in a spring training game.Knebel was 4-3 with 16 saves and a 3.58 ERA in 57 games last season. He was outstanding in the playoffs, pitching nine games with a 0.90 ERA in 10 innings as the Brewers relied on a dominant bullpen to come within one win of the World Series.Knebel had 39 saves and was a 2017 NL All-Star.“It happened five years ago and now it’s just gotten a little worse,” Knebel said. “I don’t want it to really hurt me in the long run. Right now, I’m 27. I think it’s better to do it now than wait until later.”The decision was left up to Knebel and he said it was a tough one, but he opted for the surgery rather than trying to rehab the injury and possibly being out a longer time or not knowing if the pain would return.Orthopedist Neal ElAttrache will perform the surgery on Wednesday.“I’ve had the information now for a week and I couldn’t just decide right away,” Knebel said. “I hated that it was my decision. I really wish the doctor would have told me, ‘Here’s what we’re doing.’“As much as I want to pitch, it’s going to be tough to just watch,” he said.The Brewers beat St. Louis 5-4 Thursday in a season opener.Knebel said he would not be with the team this season but instead begin the healing process at the Brewers’ training complex in Maryvale, Arizona.“I’ve been reading a lot about everything and the success rate of Tommy John is very good Joey Gallo Jersey ,” Knebel said.Knebel said he felt comfortable using ElAttrache, who did surgery on Brewers right-hander Jimmy Nelson last season.“He did a great job with Jimmy’s shoulder,” Knebel said.Brewers manager Craig Counsell said he already knew Knebel would be out for an extended period, so the news did not change the team’s bullpen plans.“We fully support him making that decision,” Counsell said. “Either way it was going to be a significant injury.”Lefty Josh Hader remains a late-inning force for the Brewers, and he earned a two-inning save against the Cardinals in the opener.Counsell said all eight of his relievers could close a game and he would not designate one or two pitchers for the role.Right-handed reliever Jeremy Jeffress is out with a right shoulder injury but is expected to return next month.Counsell said Jeffress would pitch a spring training game on Saturday and would be on schedule to pitch in Arizona every three days.“That takes him to when the Triple-A season starts,” said Counsell, who indicated Jeffress would pitch for San Antonio next Friday.Nelson, one of the Brewers’ top starting pitchers, is making progress in Arizona and should throw a bullpen session early next week, Counsell said. He is expected to pitch once or twice more in Arizona before joining Triple-A San Antonio.“He does have to pile up some innings, just health and learning about himself http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey ,” Counsell said.Nelson was injured while diving into first base in a game against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in 2017, and he missed all of the 2018 season. Hunter Dozier comes through in the clutch!"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Royals Trade Rumors & Hot StoveRoyals Minor Leagues & ProspectsRoyals Review ClassicRoyals Review Users GuideThe 100 Greatest Royals Of All TimeSweep! Royals walk-off Indians, 9-8New,42commentsHunter Dozier comes through in the clutch!EDTShareTweetShareShareSweep! Royals walk-off Indians, 9-8Peter G. AikenIt was up and down throughout the day, but the Royals put together their first sweep of the Cleveland Indians in three years. They walked off on Cleveland, 9-8, to win their third game in a row.Baseball is kind of fun again!Despite being in a 3-0 hole before they hit for the first time, the Royals ambushed Corey Kluber and forced him into his worst career start against Kansas City. Lucas Duda blasted a three-run homer in the second inning. Whit Merrifield hit an opposite-field jack to make it 4-0. And then in the third, four different Royals walked, including two with the bases loaded, to chase Kluber after just 2.2 innings pitched.By the time Kluber departed Ferguson Jenkins Jersey , the score was 6-3, and 89 pitches had been thrown to get just eight outs. He allowed six runs, walked five, and gave up two homers. Cleveland got two runs back in the fourth, but the Royals responded with a bunt RBI single by am Gallagher in the fifth. Jorge Soler hit a booming homer to center field to make it 8-5, and it appeared that the Royals were in a position to coast to a win.Of course, that’s when the bullpen happened. Cleveland got three runs in the seventh to pull even with Kansas City as Jake Newberry gave up a ton of runs. I, for one, am shocked that Jake Newberry isn’t the next Mariano Rivera. All of those runs were charged to Richard Lovelady, who should have never been pulled from the game. Remember how Kyle Zimmer was demoted because there wasn’t enough room in the pen for him? It’s an absolute embarrassment that he’s not here when you look at the other names in this bullpen.Now, in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Royals of old came out with their late-inning magic. After two scoreless innings of relief by Brad Boxberger and Wily Peralta http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , Ryan O’Hearn worked a gutsy walk to lead off the frame. Pinch runner Terrance Gore came in and swiped second, and he went to third on a throwing error. Then, one pitch later, Hunter Dozier banged a game-winning single to left field. Walk-off. Sweep.I’d say these guys needed that, huh? They’re just 5-10 on the year, but those were three really nice wins they put together this weekend.Jake Junis got plenty of run support, but he was all over the place in this game. He did make it through 6.1 innings, but he allowed five runs on eight hits and threw 105 pitches. His ERA is 6.14 through four starts this year.Wily Peralta got the win after pitching a scoreless ninth inning.Up next: the Royals, who it seems have played every game this year at home, hit the road to face Chicago in a series that starts on Monday night. Heath Fillmyer will get the start.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 504 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de