can sign without their new teams having to forfeit amateur draft picks as c

in Allgemeines 12.07.2019 03:27
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

A look at what’s happening around the majors today:EVEN MORE FREEAll-Star starter Dallas Keuchel and imposing closer Craig Kimbrel http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , the last two top free agents on the market,ompensation. Both turned down $17.9 million qualifying offers in November, Keuchel from Houston and Kimbrel from the World Series champion Boston Red Sox. Under baseball’s labor contract, compensation is eliminated for free agents who sign starting on the day the amateur draft begins.Before Monday, a new team signing either player would have lost at least one draft pick and possibly two, and some teams would have lost international signing bonus allocation.PICK ‘EMThe Baltimore Orioles make the first selection when the Major League Baseball draft begins at MLB Network studios in Secaucus, New Jersey.The top prospects include Oregon State catcher Adley Rutschman, Texas high school shortstop Bobby Witt Jr. — son of the former big league pitcher — Cal first baseman Andrew Vaughn, Vanderbilt outfielder JJ Bleday, Georgia high school shortstop CJ Abrams, Arizona State outfielder Hunter Bishop Mike Foltynewicz Jersey , TCU left-hander Nick Lodolo and Florida high school outfielder Riley Greene.The O’s have the overall No. 1 pick for the second time, and first since taking LSU pitcher Ben McDonald in 1989.Last year’s top choice was Auburn pitcher Casey Mize, taken by Detroit. The 22-year-old righty is 7-1 with a 1.39 ERA in his minor league career so far, and pitched a no-hitter for Double-A Erie this season.WELCOMEVeteran outfielder Jay Bruce is set to join the NL East-leading Phillies, a day after they acquired him from Seattle with cash for a minor league infielder. The former All-Star will meet up with his new teammates for the start of a series at San Diego.“I get to go somewhere I have a chance to win,” Bruce said, “and at this point in my career, that’s pretty paramount for me.”Bruce is hitting .212 with 14 homers and 28 RBIs.The Phillies wanted to add a lefty-hitting outfielder after Odubel Herrera was put on administrative leave by the commissioner’s office Tuesday under the sport’s domestic violence policy after his arrest in Atlantic City, New Jersey.LONG WAY TO GOMike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels will take a one-day trip to Wrigley Field to make up a game that was snowed out in Chicago on April 14. The Angels played in Seattle on Sunday, then host Oakland on Tuesday night.Cubs lefty Jon Lester (3-4, 3.59 ERA) faces Angels righty Trevor Cahill (2-5 http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , 6.92). Lester is 0-3 with a 10.29 ERA over his last three starts. DENVER (AP) — David Dahl went 3 for 5 on the night. Now, he’s thinking 5 for 5 the rest of the way — wins to close out the regular season.That would guarantee the Colorado Rockies a playoff spot. Dahl homered for a second straight game, a three-run shot in the third, and the Rockies vaulted into the final NL wild-card spot by beating the Philadelphia Phillies 10-3 on Tuesday.The Rockies’ fifth straight victory moved them a half-game in front of St. Louis for the second wild-card after the Cardinals lost 12-4 to Milwaukee. Colorado also pulled within a half-game of the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers, who lost 4-3 to Arizona. With five games remaining, the Rockies have a chance to win their first division title.“It’s hard not to get caught up in the standings. You try not to. You got to go out and win,” Dahl said . “But I think everybody peeks at it.” Charlie Blackmon extended his hitting streak to 17 straight games with two hits, and pinch-hitter Carlos Gonzalez added a two-run double. The Rockies scored eight of their 10 runs with two outs.“That’s the best time to score them,” Blackmon cracked. “Right when they think they’re about to get out of the inning, you hang a couple of runs on them.”The game-changing hit was delivered by Dahl, who lined a fastball from Vince Velasquez (9-12) to left for his 12th homer — nearly to the same spot where Dahl hit a two-run homer the previous night. Dahl also added a run-scoring single as part of a three-hit Brandon McCarthy Jersey , 4-RBIs evening.“This is a fun race and I’m enjoying it,” Dahl said. “I’m trying not to put pressure on myself.”Reliever Chad Bettis returned to his starter’s role for a night and went 2 2/3 innings, allowing one unearned run. The Rockies used seven relievers , with DJ Johnson (1-0) getting one out in the third to earn his first big league win. He didn’t think manager Bud Black would use him in that tight of spot.“Bud’s No. 1 rule: Be ready for everything,” Johnson said. “That’s what I prepare myself for every day.”Odubel Herrera gave the Phillies a 1-0 lead with an RBI bloop single in the third. The rest of his night wasn’t as smooth: Herrera didn’t exactly hustle out of the batter’s box on a double play in the first and dropped a fly ball in right during the second. He was taken out as part of a switch in the fifth.“We have the highest expectation that our players will give all they have on every single play,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said.Asked if he got maximum effort from Herrera out of the batter’s box, Kapler responded: “That is something I would like to go back and look at.”TRAINER’S ROOMPhillies: OF Aaron Altherr tore a ligament on his right big toe when he crashed into the fence while trying to catch Dahl’s homer on Monday. … C Wilson Ramos left in the sixth with a sore wrist.CARDS ON THE TABLEUsually, Rockies outfielder Matt Holliday would be pulling for St. Louis. After all, he spent eight years with the organization and won a World Series title.Just not now, with the Rockies trying to hold off the Cardinals.“I’m not really hoping they win too many games down the stretch,” Holliday joked.THIS & THATRockies 2B DJ LeMahieu went 3 for 5 with two RBIs. … Velasquez gave up six runs in 3 2/3 innings and dropped to 0-3 with a 10.70 ERA in September.DIAMONDBACKS SPIRITBlack has no issues with the Diamondbacks resting players during their series against the Dodgers. Black said Arizona manager Torey Lovullo called him to stress that the Diamondbacks were doing http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , “everything in their power to win games,” Black said.“Total trust in what he’s doing,” Black added. “I have no problem.”FALLING FASTAt 78-79, the Phillies dipped below .500 for the first time since early April.“We have not played good baseball for some time,” Kapler said. “We have to find a way to perform better.”UP NEXTThe Rockies will send RHP German Marquez (13-10, 3.91 ERA) and his blazing fastball to the mound Wednesday night for the third game of a four-game series against the Phillies. Marquez has 210 strikeouts this season and is four away from tying the Rockies record set by Ubaldo Jimenez in 2010. The Phillies will throw RHP Nick Pivetta (7-13, 4.58).

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 173 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de