irst half. When a shot goes up, find so

in So geht´s Los. 14.06.2019 05:58
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

Hes not patient by nature, but the business of pro football has taught Jerome Messam how to play the waiting game. The Saskatchewan running back is scheduled to become a free agent Feb. 10. Although talks between Messams agent, Montreal-based Darren Gill, and the Roughriders are continuing, the 29-year-old Toronto native isnt worrying about the uncertainty surrounding where hell be next season. Instead hes focused on what he does control, most notably his off-season preparation. That wasnt always the case for Messam, but its a lesson learned from playing for four different teams over his five-year CFL career. Im not a patient person but Ive learned to be, Messam said with a chuckle during a telephone interview. Ive learned through maturity and life and knowing you cant always have things your own way and have grown to become a more patient person. Thats all you can do. Its out of my hands. Not that the patient approach is the easiest. Its tough, especially for me, Messam said. Ive been a guy thats bounced around a little bit in the league. Id like to find a place where I fit and they can utilize and appreciate my talents. Its difficult to deal with not knowing where youre going to be but ideally Id like to end up back in Saskatchewan. The Riders locked up veteran Weston Dressler on Friday. The 29-year-old slotback, who was also slated to become a free agent next month, agreed to a four-year extension. The six-foot-three 245-pound Messam joined the Riders last July. He rushed for 382 yards on 70 carries (5.5-yard average) with one TD last season while adding eight catches for 134 yards. Saskatchewan used multiple running backs as Anthony Allen rushed for a team-high 930 yards with Will Ford (452 yards), Messam and Hugh Charles (86 yards) also seeing action. The Roughriders had the CFLs third-ranked ground attack (132.2 yards per game) last season. But the teams quest to repeat as Grey Cup champions fizzled after starter Darian Durant suffered an elbow injury in a 30-24 win over Winnipeg on Sept. 7. Saskatchewan (10-8) limped into the playoffs, losing six of its final eight regular-season games before dropping an 18-10 decision to Edmonton in the West Division semifinal. With a healthy Durant expected back in 2015, Messam likes the Riders chances to be a factor again in the West Division. We were on a roll before Darian had his injury, Messam said. Theres a great group of vets and young talent there and I think the sky is the limit. It was a great situation last year in Saskatchewan ... I love playing there as the fans are awesome and the community treats us like gold. But I know the nature of the beast, football is a business at this level before anything. Wherever I go, Im going to be happy to be working and still living my dream. I just want to go and be able to contribute and help the team the best I can wherever I can. Messams best season was in 2011 when he was named the CFLs top Canadian after rushing for 1,057 yards with Edmonton. He has run for 1,115 yards over the last three years combined with the Eskimos, Montreal and Saskatchewan, but has averaged 4.8 yards per carry. Messam, who grew up in Brampton, Ont., has 2,264 career rushing yards and is averaging a solid 5.02 yards per attempt. One factor that could help Messam return to Saskatchewan is the clubs recent hiring of Jacques Chapdelaine as offensive co-ordinator. Chapdelaine held that post with the B.C. Lions in 2010 when Messam was a rookie with the Vancouver team. Jacques Chapdelaine and I do go back to my rookie year, Messam said. Weve talked and it will be an open training camp so hopefully we can get this deal done and get back together. Wherever he ends up, Messam is eager to have the benefit of a full training camp to show hes capable of being a featured back. My legs still feel great, Messam said. Ive been blessed to not really have had any serious injuries to hold me back or keep me from playing too long. Theres bumps and bruises that go along with the season but you fight through those. Over the past few years I feel like the game has slowed down and become a lot more fun to play. Custom Football Jerseys Outlet . The Sochi organizing committee said in Fridays statement that the torch relay reached the North Pole on Oct. 19. Russian Polar explorer Artur Chilingarov, who led the mission, lit a special bowl at the North Pole sign. Cheap Custom Football T-shirts . The league announced Thursday that Tom Higgins is leaving that post effective immediately. http://www.customjerseysfootball.com/ . Charlottetown scored four times in the third period en route to a 5-2 win over the defending champion Halifax Mooseheads on Friday. Custom Football Jerseys Online .com) - Ames, IA (SportsNetwork. Wholesale Custom Jerseys From China . Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract.AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- After one of his worst games of the season, Andre Drummond got a little pep talk from Detroit coach Maurice Cheeks. "I told him at shootaround that hes human," Cheeks said. "Hes entitled to have a bad game. Its important to see how you bounce back." Drummond had 13 points and 17 rebounds, and the Pistons snapped a four-game losing streak with a 103-87 win over the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night. Drummond bounced back from a poor outing at Dallas over the weekend, and Detroit led comfortably throughout the second half. Detroit has struggled to close out games at home this season, but this time the Pistons turned a double-digit lead into a rout. "We needed it a lot. Were losing, a lot of bad things are around in the air -- a lot of negative energy," Detroit guard Will Bynum said. "Just happy to get a win." Brandon Jennings had 20 points and eight assists for Detroit, and Josh Smith added 16 points. Victor Oladipo scored 19 points for the Magic. Detroit finished with 17 offensive rebounds -- 12 in the first half -- and outscored Orlando 44-22 in the paint. The Magic started former Piston Jason Maxiell for this game, giving themselves a little more size against Detroits imposing front line. It was no use. Drummond, Smith and Greg Monroe went a combined 17 for 30 from the field. Monroe finished with eight points and 11 rebounds. "Sometimes it is just as simple as finding someone ... and boxing them out," Magic coach Jacque Vaughn said. "You need to do that on 10 defensive possessions out of 10, not six out of 10 or nine out of 10, and we werent even close to that, especially in the first half. When a shot goes up, find someone and get a body on them." Drummond had only four points against Dallas, and he had a scary start in this one. He stayed down for a bit holding his left leg with 6:34 left in the first quarter -- after his shoe came off during a scramble near the basket. Drummondd was able to walk off the court, and he was back in the game almost immediately.dddddddddddd His putback gave Detroit a 12-11 lead. Maxiell missed a dunk at the other end, and although the Magic led by two after the first quarter, Detroit controlled the second to take a 53-43 halftime lead. Drummond said Cheeks pregame message helped him. "Last game was a tough game for me," Drummond said. "He knows I really get down on myself if I do anything wrong. For him to tell me that today at the shootaround really gave me a boost to want to be great tonight." Monroes layup off a pass from Smith capped a 9-0 run that gave the Pistons a 70-55 lead in the third. It was 78-60 at the end of the quarter. "We have to be tougher," Orlandos Jameer Nelson said. "Every guy on this team needs to take pride and ownership in their individual performance and the teams performance. We didnt do that tonight, not at all." Detroit was only 7-5 at home when leading after three quarters, but there would be no late collapse in this one. Jennings connected from beyond the arc to make it 85-63, and the Pistons led by as many as 26. "Weve got a lot of talent on this team, and we just have to figure out the right chemistry of players, at the right times," Bynum said. Bynum gave a cryptic response when asked if players are still trying to learn roles. "You dont want to know what I think -- its out of my pay grade to tell you what I think," Bynum said. "Hopefully things just really turn around, and we string up some wins." NOTES: Rodney Stuckey scored 13 for the Pistons, leaving him with 6,005 points for his career. ... Maxiell had two points and one rebound in 14 minutes. ... Tobias Harris and Arron Afflalo had 14 points each for Orlando. ... The Magics Maurice Harkless missed all six of his free throws. ... Nelson went 3 of 9 from the field and was called for an early technical foul. He finished with 11 points and seven assists. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 593 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de