his style of leadership and alleged corruption implicating FI

in So geht´s Los. 04.06.2019 06:50
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Ian Kennedy has the luxury of pitching in spacious Petco Park. One would think, anyway. "All my wins have been on the road," Kennedy said. "That is how it works sometimes." Kennedy earned his first home victory of the season on Sunday, pitching the San Diego Padres past the Chicago Cubs 4-3. Kennedy (3-6) allowed one run and two hits with six strikeouts. He walked two in earning his first win in five starts. Huston Street got his 14th save in as many chances despite giving up Starlin Castros two-run homer in the ninth inning. The Cubs, who had four hits, were trying to win their first series since Sept. 9-11 in Cincinnati. The Padres backed Kennedy with some rare run support. "He deserved that one," Padres manager Bud Black said. "Hes been a victim of not a lot of runs and if you look across the board at his numbers, all that stuff, hes been good. We just havent scored for him and Im glad we got it done in the bottom half of the sixth." It appeared Kennedy was headed for another tough-luck loss. He was trailing 1-0 when he left for a pinch-hitter in the sixth. The Padres scored four times in the inning, surprising Chicago starter Jason Hammel (5-3). "I felt in complete command," Hammel said. "I felt like I was going to go complete-game shutout. Everything was working." Chase Headley tied it with a sacrifice fly and the Padres went ahead 2-1 Carlos Quentins pinch-hit single off reliever James Russell. Two walks by Hammel helped extend the inning. For Quentin, it was his third pinch-hit RBI in two games after a two-run, homer in Saturdays loss. "We were going to stay away a little bit from Quentin," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "The ball just came back out over the plate." Jedd Gyorko added an RBI double and when centre fielder Emilio Bonifacio misplayed the ball for an error, pinch-runner Tyson Ross also scored for a 4-1 lead. Ross, a pitcher, ran for Quentin and scored a run for the first time in the majors. He slid home, although there was no throw to the plate. "I figured better safe than sorry," Ross said. A sixth-inning home run by Junior Lake gave the Cubs a brief lead, although it took a little while for him to celebrate. Lake hit an arching drive to left field and Seth Smith appeared as if he caught the ball before it reached the seats. A disappointed Lake nearly veered off the basepaths, but he resumed his trot third when umpire Greg Gibson gave the home run signal. Hammel retired 11 straight before Yonder Alonso lined a single in the fifth inning for the Padres first hit. Alonso stole second and advanced to third on Cameron Maybins one-out infield single. But Maybin was picked off first by Hammel and Rene Rivera struck out to end the threat. The Cubs didnt have much luck against Kennedy early. Castro got into scoring position in the second inning after a leadoff single and a walk, but Kennedy got the next three batters. Hammel pitched 5 2-3 innings, allowing three runs on three hits and two walks, with five strikeouts. But this day belonged to Kennedy, and that it came at Petco Park made all the better. "Its always great to see runs scored like that," Kennedy said, "whether youre pitching or not." NOTES: The Padres are encouraged with the progress RHP Andrew Cashner is making with his sore right elbow. Cashner will throw again on Monday after playing catch on Saturday. ... Padres LHP Robbie Erlin, on the DL with a sore throwing elbow, is scheduled to throw next weekend ... Quentin is expected to start on Monday against the Diamondbacks. Quentin had missed four games with a groin injury. ... Luis Valbuenas eight-game hitting streak for the Cubs, which tied a career high, was snapped. ... Cubs RHP Jeff Samardzija (0-4, 1.96) faces Giants RHP Yusmeiro Petit (3-1, 4.76) on Monday. It will be Samardzijas 200th career game. ... Ross (5-4, 2.64) goes against Arizona RHP Brandon McCarthy (1-6, 4.67) on Monday. Wholesale Custom Jerseys . Carcillo was a little of both for New York in Game 3. Derek Stepan, Martin St. Louis, Dan Girardi and Carcillo scored goals, leading the Rangers to a 4-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night. Custom Baseball Jerseys Outlet . The 22-year-old slugger, who is no stranger to adversity, made up for it at the end. http://www.baseballjerseyscustom.com/ . Kevin Durant certainly played like there was on Sunday night, scoring 36 points and grabbing 10 rebounds as the Thunder made quick work of the visiting Pacers with a 118-94 win. Custom Baseball Jerseys China . DArnaud hit one of three doubles for the Mets as they took a 4-0 lead in the first. Then the catchers seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the fifth. The 41-year-old Colon (10-8) retired the first 20 batters in his last outing Wednesday against Seattle, eventually allowing two runs on three hits in 7 1-3 innings in a 3-2 win. Cheap Custom Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping . Winning more at home probably should be on the list. The Flames look to avoid a fifth defeat in six home games by winning a sixth straight meeting with the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday night.MONACO, Monaco - Michel Platini wont fight Sepp Blatter for the FIFA presidency, though he still hopes somebody will. The UEFA president decided Thursday not to challenge Blatter in an election next May, insisting he was not dodging a battle with his former mentor. Platini denied FIFA critics a potentially bitter contest, but then urged more conflict within the Blatter-led executive committee. His decision, which was expected, leaves the 78-year-old Blatter clear to win a fifth presidential term — possibly unopposed for a third straight time. Platini will focus instead on being re-elected to lead European football in March and a probable FIFA candidacy in 2019. "Now is not my time, not yet," the 59-year-old Platini said at a news conference after meeting leaders of Europes 54 football federations. "I hope that somebody will oppose Mr. Blatter and nobody will oppose me for UEFA." Platini, a FIFA vice-president, then challenged his colleagues to be "braver" standing up to Blatters power. "To bring ideas and want to change things and not just be sheep who always say yes," Platini said through a translator. The former France great seemed likely to avoid a FIFA contest after a successful World Cup strengthened Blatters position as president, which he has held since 1998. Blatter already has support from FIFAs other five continental confederations. Leaders of most of the 209 member countries have shown little desire for change as successful World Cups have raised FIFA cash reserves close to $1.5 billion. Platini dismissed one description of a contest against Blatter as "unwinnable." "No, my choice was not based on who was running," said Platini, who recalled beating another longtime sitting president, Lennart Johansson, for the UEFA job in 2007. "So I cant be accused of being afraid of Mr. Blatter." UEFA members were meeting for the first time since they confronted Blatter in Brazil in June over his style of leadership and alleged corruption implicating FIFA. They also reminded the veteran Swiss official of his 2011 promise to step aside aafter his current mandate.dddddddddddd That hostile encounter in Sao Paulo on the eve of the World Cup fueled speculation of a FIFA challenge by Platini or a senior UEFA nominee. "We went for peace. I think it is the logical decision," Iceland football association president Geir Thorsteinsson told The Associated Press on Thursday. In Brazil, one option emerged for UEFA to put Netherlands federation president Michael van Praag as a candidate after he delivered Europes blunt message to Blatter. Van Praag dismissed that option Thursday. "It wont be me," the UEFA board member told the BBC. "There was no backing because (UEFA members) also believe that if our candidate is not being Michel Platini, he wont have any chance at all." Platini opting out could prompt another candidate to launch a challenge, Van Praag suggested. "Now it is known that he doesnt do it so maybe there is somebody else in the world who thinks, Now I have a chance," the Dutchman said. Platini said he would "support him or her that will bring something new to world football and will defend the interests of European football." "I know some of you were expecting me to attack FIFA but that is not my goal here," Platini said. "Quite obviously we want a FIFA that works better, more transparency, more solidarity and more respected by those that love football." Platini, whose campaigning for Blatter in 1998 helped defeat Johansson for the vacant presidency, now questioned the integrity of the FIFA presidents public statements. "Im not sure he always believes what he says," Platini said, referring to Blatters recent support for video replay, coaches challenges of referee decisions and additional substitutes in extra time. "I think deep down he is against all that." FIFA has set a late-January deadline for candidates to declare for the secret ballot scheduled for May 29 in Zurich. Former FIFA international relations director Jerome Champagne has said he will stand, though acknowledged in January he could not beat his former boss and longtime ally. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 225 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de