This is shocking and heartbreaking for me

in Eure Scrolls und Lineages 07.01.2020 04:54
von zhangzk • 125 Beiträge

The proposed onside kick alternative didn’t pass last week at the annual owners meeting. But maybe a tweak here and there will make it appealing enough for the NFL to adopt in the not so distant future."Normally Womens James Conner Jersey , when I hear the plethora of new rule proposals the NFL is considering each and every offseason, I roll my eyes and sometimes even say to myself or out loud, “Come on, Coach T (Mike Tomlin is a member of the NFL’s competition committee that meets each spring in conjunction with the annual owners’ meeting), give these officials a break! Don’t they already have literally too much to focus on every regular season/postseason?” However, the AAF (the Alliance of American Football), a new football league that began play immediately after the Super Bowl, adopted an alternative to the onside kick T. J. Watt Jersey , where, instead of using the unpredictable bounce of a kicked football, a team would have one crack to convert on “fourth and 12” in-order to retain possession. When I heard that rule, I was not only intrigued, I was hoping the NFL would consider adopting it for the 2019 season at its aforementioned annual meeting that took place last week in Phoenix, Arizona. The NFL's version of this rule, one that was heavily championed by the Denver Broncos and would have granted a team that was trailing late in a game a shot at converting on “fourth and 15,” was unfortunately voted down by the owners. Why? Maybe most of them were ofthe same opinion as Giants co-owner John Mara Jerome Bettis Jersey White , who considered it ‘Too gimmicky,’ in a quote courtesy of NFL.com. I guess I can see that. However, weren’t they saying similar things about the AFL way back in the 1960s? And didn’t many of the “gimmicks” utilized by that league ultimately shape the future of the NFL? I know an alternative to the onside kick could have breathed some new life into something that is now in very critical condition following the many rules changes aimed at player safety in recent years. According to NFL.com’s Jeremy Bergman, from 1992-2017, onside kicks were recovered at a rate of 21.2 percent. But in 2018, the rate was a very sparse 7.7 percent. Maybe in its proposed form, the new onside kick alternative would have put way too much pressure on defenses whose job in the modern NFL is already difficult enough. If you’re a head coach who just saw his team’s lead shrink thanks to a three-play, 80-yard drive by Aaron Rodgers James Conner Jersey White , would you want to give him one more play to pick up another 15 yards? I’d much rather take my chances with my “hands team” trying to recover one of those unpredictable bounces. In today’s NFL, your average franchise quarterback can pick up 15 yards in his sleep—or at least at a much higher rate than your average kicker can actually perform a decent enough onside kick so as to give his guys a chance to recover it. Therefore, the burden on opposing defenses would just be too great. However, if you increased the yardage to gain to 25, now you’ve got yourself a rule that would be perfect in my opinion. Yeah, sure, 25 yards seems almost impossible to pick up in most cases, but not likely as impossible as trying to gain possession via an onside kick. The defense would still be at a huge advantage Womens Jerome Bettis Jersey , but a team trailing late in a game would at least have apuncher’s chance of maintaining possession after a score. According to the Jeremy Bergman article I’ve referenced a few times, the competition committee was very much in-favor of this onside kick alternative. Therefore, maybe they can work out the bugsbetween now and next spring.And maybe the NFL can pass a new rule that won’t have me ruling my eyes or talking out loud to myself. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger‘s season ended today with the determination that he needs elbow surgery, but he believes his career has a bright future.Roethlisberger released a statement today saying he believes he can play, and play better than ever, until his contract expires after the 2021 season.“I’ve been informed that I need season ending surgery on my elbow to continue playing football at the level I expect,” Roethlisberger said. “ to miss this much of a season and feel like I am letting down so many people. I can only trust God’s plan Jerome Bettis Jersey , but I am completely determined to battle through this challenge and come back stronger than ever next season. The Steelers committed three years to me this offseason and I fully intend to honor my contract and reward them with championship level play. I will do all I can to support Mason and the team this season to help win games. I love this game, my teammates, the Steelers organization and fans, and I feel in my heart I have a lot left to give.”Roethlisberger has mused at times about retiring soon, but this statement makes clear that he doesn’t intend to walk away just yet. He thinks he has unfinished business, and wants to handle that business next season.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 405 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de