Could Georgia cb Deandre Baker be an eventual replacement for Janoris Jenkins?

in So geht´s Los. 13.12.2019 02:58
von liny195 • 47 Beiträge

"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Golden Tate Jerseys 2019 , Week 172019 NFL DraftGeorgia CB Deandre Baker should help the Giants’ pass coverageNew,22commentsCould Georgia cb Deandre Baker be an eventual replacement for Janoris Jenkins?EDTShareTweetShareShareGeorgia CB Deandre Baker should help the Giants’ pass coverageDale Zanine-USA TODAY SportsHow set are the New York Giants secondary? They retained Janoris Jenkins and added Jabrill Peppers and Antoine Bethea while also hoping for Sam Beal and Grant Haley to step up. However, Jenkins is not likely in the Giants plans for long, and the team doesn’t have much behind Jenkins and Grant at the cornerback position. And while this is generally regarded as a weak draft for cornerback, there are some who are promising. Georgia CB Deandre Baker was regarded as one of the very best prospects in the draft class at the start of the 2018 season. He took a step back from a stellar 2017 season, but remains a good cornerback prospect for the right defense.MeasurablesProsGood feet and hips. Easy change of direction.Long arms help break up passes.Quick to close when in off or zone coverage. Hard hitter in space who separates the receiver from the ball.Good football IQ, tends to put himself where the ball is going.Experienced in both man and zone coverage. Competitive player who seems to have a short memory.ConsUnspectacular athlete for the position. Teams looking for speed could be disappointed.Inconsistent tackler in the run game. Size might be an issue for some teams. Prospect VideoWhat They’re Saying - Lance Zierlein (NFL.com - Scouting Report) Does He Fit The Giants?If the GIants are looking for a cornerback to replace Janoris Jenkins and create a young tandem with Sam Beal, then Baker could be a good one to look at. He isn’t as highly regarded as he was entering the season, but that was coming off of a 2017 season in which he allowed just 5 receptions on 19 targets in 15 games (holding opposing quarterbacks to a completion percentage of 26.3 percent). Shutting opposing offenses down to that extent is not sustainable and regression was going to happen, and this season was seen as something of a disappointment.On the field, Baker shows quick feet and fluid hips which let him cover receivers tightly, at times appearing to run their routes for them. Georgia played a fairly diverse coverage scheme, asking Baker to line up in both man and zone coverages White Jabrill Peppers Jerseys , and he played well in both. In man coverage his feet and hips saw him through, while in zone his length, closing burst, and football IQ helped him stand out. He might be a better zone corner than man at the next level, if only because his long speed could be an issue dealing with faster receivers, but he should be able to hold his own in both. It is possible that Baker could be one of the first two cornerbacks selected in the draft, but an uninspiring position group as a whole and the depth chart seems muddied. It is certainly possible that his lack of elite measurables will drop him to the second day. The New York Giants fell to the Detroit Lions 31-26 at Ford Field Sunday afternoon. Let’s go inside the locker room and find out what players were saying after the game.Antoina Bethea on avoiding slow starts being down 17-0 last week and 14-0 this week: “It’s something that we’ve been continuing to talk about. It’s just something that we’ve got to focus in on the details and stop beating ourselves. That’s what we’ve been doing these last couple weeks, just the small things that are creeping in and creating bigger things.”Evan Engram on if QB Daniel Jones has become more vocal: “Definitely, like I said a couple weeks back, he’s starting to come out of his little shell, his little rookie shell, a little bit. He is starting to be himself, communicating more and being more vocal. He has definitely grown in that aspect Jabrill Peppers Jerseys 2019 , becoming a leader and he backs it up with his play.” Evan Engram on the Giants identity right now:“We are a team that has to look in the mirror and get back to work. We are going to keep fighting, I have no doubt, no second guessing anybody in this locker room. It’s a long season, we have a lot more opportunities to go out and compete and we are going to get to work.”Daniel Jones on his frustration:“Yeah, we’re all frustrated. I think it’s tough losing games like this, and we know we’ve got to play better, we’ve got to make more plays. But, we’re certainly frustrated, but like last week, we’re not going to let it affect our preparation into this week. We’re not discouraged, and we are going to make sure that like I said, it doesn’t affect our preparation, and we attack this opportunity next week.”Daniel Jones on why he enjoys throwing to wide receiver Darius Slayton: “He’s a really good player. I think he’s come up for us and made a lot of big-time plays. I think we all have a lot of trust in him. Obviously White Jon Halapio Jerseys , he’s super talented and his speed and just athleticism, but he’s shown to make those contested catches, the tough catches with people on him. So he’s done a great job for us.”Quarterback Daniel Jones on positive takeaways from this loss: “I mean, I think we’ve known we can move the ball on people. We’ve known we can score points and do that, so I’m not sure. You know, we didn’t do enough of it. I think like a lot of these games, we haven’t done enough of it and made the big time plays in big moments. But I think we know we’re capable, we know we can do it. It’s just a matter of doing it more consistently and at big moments in the game. So as far as what we can take from it, just to realize we’ve got to do it when it matters the most and do it consistently the whole game.”Darius Slayton on what will push the team “over the hump”: “Just more consistent execution. You know, I feel like we made a lot of plays, obviously like you said four touchdowns. You say, ‘a great game,’ but whatever. But obviously we didn’t execute well enough to win. So I think this is kind of the small things Jon Halapio Jerseys 2019 , you know. Just picking up a few yards here or there, making catches opposed to dropping them – like I did before the half, but just little stuff like that.”Darius Slayton on what he is showing individually, as the team-leader in touchdown receptions: “I mean, I am just out there trying to help my team win, you know. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to make enough to win today, but I guess, just did a solid job.”Golden Tate on his first impressions of Lions WR Kenny Golladay: “When he first got there, I was like, ‘This dude is not very good.’ He quickly, quickly changed that. His work ethic – he showed up wanting to be good. In his first year, he showed us some glimpses of wanting to be amazing. The second year he did amazing. And – he’s on his third year now White Curtis Riley Jerseys , right? His third year, he’s just thriving. He’s thriving. It’s been fun to watch him grow. To be drafted in the third round and doing the job that he’s doing – they’re dangerous over there between him, Marvin (Jones Jr.) and Danny (Amendola) and T.J. (Hockenson).”Golden Tate on Jones trusting him and Slayton to make difficult catches: “I mean, it says a lot. The relationship between all the receivers and D.J. (Daniel Jones) is getting better. It’s something we’re continually working on. It’s exciting to see him have a short-term memory. Week-in and week-out, there’s a chance to win. We completely believe (in) him, and I believe Eli (Manning) is doing a great job of teaching him the game – so is (Alex) Tanney. I see him on the defenses out at practice during that period, and he’s back working. You see other guys back there working as well. He wants to be really, really good. He’s taking that approach every single day.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 32 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de