hit bid with a two-out single in the fourth. Brandon Moss,

in Spam 28.09.2019 09:52
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. -- Lizette Salas didnt have to wait long to be tested in her latest attempt at a breakthrough victory on the LPGA Tour. The challenge came on the first hole Sunday in the Kingsmill Championship, after she was overly cautious with her first putt, leaving it nearly 10 feet short of the cup with a sliding, downhill test to save par. She made it, the start of a day when she did little wrong on her way to a four-shot victory. "Yeah, that was a big putt just to start off the day," Salas said. "Downhill slider to the right. I mean, I even threw in a fist pump because I knew how important that was for me mentally and on a confidence standpoint." The 24-year-old Salas made it look easy the rest of the way, even while shooting just an even-par 71 on the River Course. Salas started the day with a three-shot lead, doubled it with birdies on the par-5 third and par-3 fifth. A bogey on the par-4 eighth was her only hiccup -- and only her third bogey in four rounds -- until she three-putted the par-3 17th. She finished at 13-under 271 and earned $195,000. Yani Tseng, Kraft Nabisco winner Lexi Thompson and Sarah Jane Smith tied for second. Salas was never really challenged in the final round on the River Course, and when her final putt fell on the 18th hole, she cupped her head in her hands and covered her face in celebration. Her winning moment was quickly interrupted, however, when four fellow players arrived and doused her with champagne, water and wine. The victory came after Salas flirted with victory several times in her three years on tour. It also came after she missed the cut two weeks ago and realized she needed to change her mental approach to give herself a fighting chance. "I felt like I wanted to be perfect all the time," she said. "I felt like I needed to play like a top tier golfer every week. Thats not it. Its about feeling confident. Golf is a sport where you cant control everything. ... I just took a step back and looked at golf differently. I just tried to have fun this week. That was the most important thing." This year, she tied for third in the season-opening event in the Bahamas and shared the lead after three rounds in the Kia Classic in her home state of California, but Anna Nordqvist closed with a 5-under 67 -- to Salas 70 -- to win by one. Last year, playing alongside winner Inbee Park in the final group of the Kraft Nabisco, Salas shot 79 to tie for 25th. Two weeks later, Salas lost a playoff to Suzann Pettersen in the LPGA LOTTE in Hawaii. Salas chunked her approach into the water on the first extra hole after closing with a tournament-record 62. The daughter of Mexican immigrants, Salas was introduced to the game when her father, the head mechanic at Azusa Greens west of Los Angeles, did some handyman jobs for the club pro and, instead of pay, asked him to teach his daughter to play. She went on to star at Southern California, where she was a four-time All-America selection and helped the Trojans win the 2008 NCAA title. The victory came on a rare weekend when her parents didnt come to the tournament, but watched from their home in California, and it brought tears to the eyes of Hall of Famer Nancy Lopez, who has been a mentor of sorts for Salas. "Im crying. Im so proud of her," Lopez said by telephone after watching the celebration on the green. "She looked great out there, just very confident and swinging great. ... Like she said on TV, she was ready. It was time." Salas expects "some tears of happiness" when she sees her parents Monday. Tseng, seeking her first victory since 2012, got within three with three birdies in a four-hole stretch on the back nine, but she finished with two pars and a double bogey for a 69, expanding Salas lead to five shots. Thompson had a 69, and Smith shot 66 -- the best round of the day. Tseng nearly made it very interesting at the par-5 15th, but her eagle putt stopped just short of the cup. "One more roll it will be in," she said. "I know if I make that I have a good chance." The tournament also featured a golf rarity, a double eagle. It was scored by Frenchwoman Joanna Klatten on No. 15. Klatten said her drive left her a perfect distance away for her 3-wood, and she had a feeling something great was coming. "Its intuition. I had a good feeling about that shot," she said. "Of course there is a little bit of luck in that." Wholesale Nike Air Max . "Hopefully well get all this out of the way," he said, "and everyone will be healthy the rest of the year." Zimmerman was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and is expected to miss between four to six weeks. Nike Air Max Outlet . The team of Lars Nelson, Daniel Richardsson, Johan Olsson, and anchor Marcus Hellner cruised to victory in the 4x10 km event, winning in a time of one hour, 28 minutes, and 42. https://www.fakeairmaxwholesale.com/ . The injury will keep the Finnish forward out of the Olympics. The 29-year-old has 20 goals and 41 points in 56 games this season, his first with Tampa Bay. Nike Air Max Discount . Kerr said he had dinner with Jackson, his former coach with Chicago and the new Knicks team president, on Friday night and they talked again Saturday. Kerr is in New York to work the game between the Brooklyn Nets and Toronto Raptors for TNT. Nike Air Max Sale .Just like old times.Only this time, just one got to enjoy a victory.James return to Miami as an opponent was a success — for the Heat, that is. Wade scored 24 of his 31 points in the first half, Luol Deng had 25 points and dogged James defensively all night, and the Heat beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 101-91 in a hyped Christmas matchup Thursday. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Felix Hernandez has never felt better at the beginning of a season. That certainly bodes well for the former Cy Young Award winner. Hernandez took a shutout into the ninth inning, Dustin Ackley and Abraham Almonte hit home runs and the Mariners beat the Oakland Athletics 3-1 Saturday. Hernandez (2-0) retired the first 11 batters on the way to his 16th career win over the Athletics, his most against any team. Hernandez walked one and struck out eight while allowing a run on six hits over 8 1/3 innings. "My pitches were looking good all day long," Hernandez said. "I could throw them all for strikes. I felt strong and my pitches were there. Physically I feel great and I have all my pitches." Fernando Rodney, who struggled during spring training, got the final two outs to record his first save with the Mariners. Robinson Cano had two hits. "Im just working on locating my fastball in spring," Rodney said. "It was real good today; its the season." Dan Straily (0-1) allowed three runs on six hits over his six innings. He walked one and struck out seven. "It was disappointing," Straily said. "A two-seamer comes back over the plate and I yanked one. I did a good job of executing the game plan minus those two pitches." Straily carried a shutout into the fifth inning before Ackleys towering two-run shot gave the Mariners a 2-0 lead. With two outs, Almonte drove Strailys 1-0 pitch even deeper into the right field bleachers. "After seeing him a couple of times you get used to what hes got and can throw out better at bats," Ackley said. "There was a runner on third, maybe hes thinking about him, and gives me a pitch to hit." The way Hernandez was pitching, the run support was more than enough. "Id say for seven innings that might be the best weve seen him," As manager Bob Melvin saaid.dddddddddddd "It seemed like his fastball had a little extra hop and he mixed in his breaking stuff well." Jed Lowrie, who hit a home run leading off the ninth, broke up Hernandezs no-hit bid with a two-out single in the fourth. Brandon Moss, who had two hits, followed with a bloop double but Hernandez struck out Yoenis Cespedes on three pitches. "I saw the same guy I saw last week," Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon said. "Hes pretty good. Ill take that every time." Coco Crisp tripled with one out in the sixth but was stranded there when Josh Donaldson struck out and Lowrie popped out. Hernandez improved his record to 67-3 when going at least seven innings and allowing three or fewer runs. "When we can score first it puts pressure on the other team and makes Felix even better," Ackley said. "If we got one run, I thought it would be enough the way he was pitching." The Mariners pitching staff extended their club record season-opening streak to allowing three or fewer runs to five. Hernandez, who turns 28 on Tuesday, ranks fourth on the all-time list with 1,722 strikeouts before the age of 28 behind Sam McDowell, Bert Blyleven and Walter Johnson. NOTES: RHP Sonny Gray (0-0, 0.00) will start Sundays series finale against the Mariners. Hes working on a 13-inning scoreless streak dating to last year after pitching six innings in the season opener. . Erasmo Ramirez (1-0, 2.57) starts for the Mariners. He gave up two runs on six hits over seven innings in his first start. . Cano is batting .342 (27 for 79) in his last 19 games in Oakland. . The As first four games averaged 3 hours, 29 minutes. . Hernandez is 5-0 in his last 10 games in Oakland. ... Cespedes, who has hit 10 homers against Seattle pitching, hit a ball into the left field bleachers in the ninth that curved foul a pitch before flying out to right. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 92 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de