. You look for them to be available, and really, the timing was perfect for us

in Spam 26.09.2019 08:14
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

WINTERBERG, Germany -- Germanys Sandra Kiriasis drove to a World Cup bobsled win on her home track on Sunday, edging Elana Meyers of the United States by the slimmest of margins. Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. Anja Schneiderheinze and Stephanie Schneider were third for Germany, 0.07 seconds back. Meyers has now finished no worse than second in all five races this season, though this one wasnt easy. She and Jones had a bit of trouble at the start of the first run, then tied for the fastest start in the field to begin their second trip down the track. "We like to keep everybody on the edge of their seats," Meyers said after extending her World Cup standings lead to 68 points over reigning Olympic champions Kaillie Humphries of Calgary and Heather Moyse of Summerside, P.E.I., who finished fifth. "We had a little slip-up in the beginning of the first run. I didnt run far enough and she followed me, so it caused us to drop some time, but we came back in the second one." Jenny Ciochetti of Edmonton and Chelsea Valois of Zenon Park, Sask., finished in 14th place, 1:36 behind the winning duo. Kiriasis victory came one day after she celebrated her 39th birthday. It was the first medal of the season for the German whos widely considered the best womens driver ever, and came in whats widely expected to be her final year in a sled. Kiriasis was emotional crossing the finish line, raising one of her index fingers skyward, then took a long swig of a celebratory beer while standing atop the medal stand. For the U.S., Jamie Greubel and Aja Evans led after the first run but finished fourth. Jazmine Fenlator and Lauryn Williams were ninth, despite solid start times of 5.62 and 5.59 seconds. Evans is expected to be a lock for one of the three push-athlete jobs on the U.S. womens team that will compete in the Sochi Olympics next month, while Jones and Williams -- both of whom have competed in multiple Olympics as track stars -- are in a group competing for the other two spots. Later Sunday, Germany swept a four-man race, dominating once again on home ice. Maximilian Arndt won his second gold medal in as many days, prevailing in 1:50.09 to extend his lead in the World Cup four-man standings. Francesco Friedrich drove to silver in 1:50.32 and Thomas Florschuetz took the bronze in 1:50.49. Olympic champion Steven Holcomb and his team of Steve Langton, Curtis Tomasevicz and Chris Fogt finished seventh for the U.S., wrapping up a tough, crash-filled week in Winterberg for the Americans. Also for the U.S., the team of Cory Butner, Adam Clark, Andreas Drbal and Chris Langton placed 13th, while pilot Nick Cunningham and push athletes Dallas Robinson, Johnny Quinn and Abe Morlu were 16th. The World Cup bobsled tour continues next weekend at St. Moritz, the next-to-last weekend of competition before the Americans will decide which athletes will be on the team for next months Sochi Olympics. Discount Shoes For Sale . Starters, when they struggle, have to live with it for five days. For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar, two of the three men who authored one of the ugliest pitched innings in Blue Jays franchise history on Thursday night, the bounce-back chance came right away. Cheap Nike Shoes From China . As Valanciunas was whistled for a rare technical toward the end of the third quarter - a result of waving his hand at an official after being called for a foul - Lowry pulled the Raptors sophomore aside, corralling him by his jersey and patting him on the back. https://www.wholesaleshoesusa.com/ . The Heat centre scored 10 of his 30 points early in the first quarter to silence the Toronto fans as Miami defeated the Raptors 113-101 on Friday night. Cheap Shoes Free Shipping . Omar Rahou made the discriminatory gesture several times while celebrating scoring a goal against Romania at Antwerp in January, UEFA said. The sanction was double the five-match ban Nicolas Anelka received from an English Football Association independent tribunal last week for the same act. Wholesale Nike Shoes . FIFA said in a statement Friday that "several racist and discriminatory incidents were apparently perpetrated by local supporters during the match, in particular by displaying neo-Nazi banners and by making monkey noises and gestures as well as Nazi salutes.SAN FRANCISCO -- Dan Uggla needed a fresh start. The San Francisco Giants needed a healthy second baseman who could step in and produce. Both are hoping they can solve each others problem. A week after being released by the Atlanta Braves and just days after signing a minor league deal with San Francisco, the Giants purchased Ugglas contract from Triple-A Fresno. They put him in the starting lineup for the opener of a three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday night. "I know what I bring to a clubhouse. I know what I can bring on the field, and Im just looking forward to going out there and having fun with the guys," Uggla said after slipping into his newly stitched No. 22 Giants uniform. "No added pressure here on my end. Ive been in some dark places and battled my own struggles the last year and a half. But thats over now. Im here to have fun." The Giants have had little production from their second basemen this season. Marco Scutaro and Ehire Adrianza were placed on the 15-day disabled list before the game. Scutaros strained lower back has kept him out for all but five games this season -- though the Giants are still hopeful he can come back -- and Adrianza has a strained right hamstring that is considered minor. As a result, the Giants signed Uggla to a minor league deal Monday. They also designated left-handed pitcher Jose De Paula and infielder Nick Noonan for assignment Friday to make room for Uggla and infielder Tony Abreu, who was also called up from Triple-A. Uggla went 2 for 7 with two walks and an RBI in two games for Fresno. Giants manager Bruce Bochy had hoped Uggla could play more in the minors before calling him up. The latest round of injuries just didnt allow it. Bochy said hes hoping Uggla can pull off a turnaround similar to the kind Pat BBurrell and Jeff Francoeur did after signing with San Francisco in the middle of recent seasons.dddddddddddd "Sometimes change is good," Bochy said. "We like taking a look at players who have a track record, and he has an outstanding track record. You look for them to be available, and really, the timing was perfect for us." Uggla will cost the Giants only $500,000. The Braves are responsible for the $18 million hes guaranteed over the rest of this season and next season. The 34-year-old second baseman has 233 career homers and a .244 average. He had five straight 30-homer seasons for the Marlins and Braves from 2007-11 and has made three NL All-Star teams. But since 2012, Uggla has hit just .196 with 43 homers and 143 RBIs in 1,101 at-bats. He said hes working on "staying short" in his swing instead of trying to hit home runs. "Were human. Were going to fall out of whack sometimes," Uggla said. "We have to get ourselves back into the right places some way or another. And for me, thats just trying to get the barrel to the ball and staying as short as I can." More than anything, Uggla is excited for another opportunity in the majors. He has some familiarity with his new teammates, playing with pitchers Tim Hudson in Atlanta and Yusmeiro Petit with the Marlins, but otherwise the Giants offer a clean slate. Uggla said he was excited to play in front of the nightly sellouts at AT&T Park. He compared the feelings before his debut with San Francisco to opening day. "Anytime you do have an opening day or a first game, thats kind of similar to the butterflies you get on opening day. Its a fresh start," he said. "Im excited about it. I got all the right nerves going, the anxious, excited-ness going. Im looking forward to getting it going." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 250 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de