/www.thepackersfanshop.com

in So geht´s Los. 25.09.2019 09:53
von liny195 • 47 Beiträge

GREEN BAY https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Muhammad-Wilkerson-Jersey , Wis. (AP) — When Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers gets ready for his 15th season, he’ll be working with a new coach and offensive coordinator.Plus, for the first time in his career, he’ll be directing a new offense.At least there will be a constant for the 35-year-old quarterback: the return of Luke Getsy as quarterbacks coach.A quality control coach in 2014 and 2015 and receivers coach in 2016 and 2017, Getsy spent last season as offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Mississippi State. His presence should ease the adjustments for the two-time MVP.“You’ve got to earn people’s trust, show them how much you care before they’re going to care about you and want to do well for you,” Getsy said on Monday as the team introduced the staff of new coach Matt LaFleur.“I think that phase is probably going to just happen quicker, naturally, being here for four years and creating a relationship. That part of it makes the transition much easier.“Installing a new offense and the new principles and all that stuff, we’ve got a lot of work to do. We’re going to rely on the relationship as far as the mutual trust, respect we have for each other, but we’ve got a lot of work to do to get him to dive into this offense fully and being able to function at a high level.”LaFleur said that Getsy’s history with the team was another reason for his hiring.“Certainly, we’re going to find the best quarterback coach that’s out there,” LaFleur said. “Some things that I really did like about Luke was the fact that he played quarterback in college. I reached out not only to Aaron, but a couple other guys with him being in the building before, just to find out what they thought of him as a man and as a coach, and everybody gave him a thumbs-up.”Rodgers’ introduction into the new offense can’t start until the beginning of the offseason program on April 1.There’s a lot for the new coaching staff to do before the players return in six weeks, including preparation for the scouting combine, which begins later this month.LaFleur, Getsy and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett all will have input in the quarterbacks room. Making sure they’re delivering the same message to Rodgers and fellow quarterbacks DeShone Kizer and Tim Boyle will be key.“We’ve got three quarterback guys that are going to be hitting him from all angles,” LaFleur said. “I know that I need to be in that room as much as I possibly can because I am going to be the play-caller. I think that relationship between the play-caller and the quarterback is absolutely critical. I don’t foresee ever missing a quarterback meeting.”Getsy arrives at the change with a unique perspective. He spent four seasons teaching former coach Mike McCarthy’s playbook. Now DeShone Kizer Jersey , he’s spent a few weeks learning LaFleur’s playbook. Getsy said terminology will be the biggest change for Rodgers.“It has the West Coast roots. The backbone is what he’s comfortable,” Getsy said. “The timing, the rhythm and all that stuff that he’s really, really good at, I think that’s all there.“The principles are there. It’s just speaking the language. That’ll be the biggest thing — for everybody — because there’s a lot of people in this building that have been here a while and have been ingrained in the previous terminology.”Notes: LaFleur finalized his staff on Monday by promoting Chris Gizzi to strength and conditioning coordinator and retaining Mark Lovat, Thadeus Jackson and Grant Thorne as assistants. Gizzi spent the past five seasons working under Lovat, who had been the coordinator since 2010. “That is a critical hire,” LaFleur said. “You talk about the guys that are going to talk to the team the most, it’s going to myself, it’s going to be the special teams coordinator and it’s going to be the strength coach. Those three positions are absolutely critical to our success moving forward.” There are tough stretches in this year’s schedule, but are the Packers headed back to the playoffs?" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesAcme Packing Company homepageHorizontal - WhiteAcme Packing Companya Green Bay Packers communityFollow Acme Packing Company online:Follow Acme Packing Company on TwitterFollow Acme Packing Company on FacebookFollow Acme Packing Company on InstagramLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchAcme Packing Company main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsPackersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections The APC PodcastPackers Film RoomFantasy Football AdviceCDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Packers’ 2019 schedule predictions: Is a 10-6 record realistic?TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Adam Bettcher/Getty ImagesThe Green Bay Packers’ schedule is out, and now that fans have had some time to process it, let’s get to some predictions. The early home stretches seem to set up well for this team, which also could surprise and get a jump on early-season opponents if they keep their offense under wraps in the preseason.However, the divisional schedule is clustered tightly this year, as the Packers open and close the regular season with big NFC North matchups. Those stretches may and probably will be the difference between whether the Packers sit at home in January, get in as a Wild Card, or climb back to the top of the division. Despite those games being difficult to predict, it’s worth running through the schedule to predict how it sets up for a possible return to the postseason for the Green and Gold.SeptemberThe Packers travel down the coast of Lake Michigan for week one, opening with the Bears in Chicago to kick off the NFL’s 100th season. Then they come back home for a three-game homestand, featuring three winnable games. The Vikings make it two straight NFC North contests to start the year Tramon Williams Color Rush Jersey , then the Packers host the Vic Fangio-led Broncos before welcoming the Eagles to town on Thursday night.Divisional games are always difficult to predict, and week one is particularly tough given the new coaching staff in Green Bay and a new defensive staff (and personnel) in Chicago. Vic Fangio’s departure for Denver (more on that in a moment) and the loss of a few key defensive backs suggest a regression for the Bears’ defense. Meanwhile, the Vikings and Packers have a fascinating 2-2-2 record in their last six games at Lambeau Field. Both of those games look like toss-ups to me at this point, so a 1-1 record two weeks in seems reasonable.Fangio and the Broncos come to Green Bay in week three after what will likely be a tough, emotional game against the Bears in week two. However, Denver’s offense behind Joe Flacco will hardly strike fear in Mike Pettine and company. Finally, the fact that the Packers play at home in week three prior to playing another home game on Thursday night in week four is advantageous. Philly will have to travel on a short week, while the Packers have been comfortable at home for two weeks prior. Edge: Green Bay.Prediction: 3-1OctoberA Sunday afternoon visit to AT&T Stadium, where Aaron Rodgers has never lost a game, awaits the Packers in week five. They’ll follow that up with two more home games, against the Lions and Raiders, then head South to play the Chiefs on Sunday Night Football at Arrowhead Stadium.Interestingly, Rodgers-led teams have not only won every time they have suited up at Jerry World; they have scored at least 30 points each time, with the low mark coming in the team’s 31-25 Super Bowl XLV victory. The last two wins have both been nail-biters: a 34-31 playoff win in January 2017 and a 35-31 victory the following fall. Dallas was a different team at home last year, however, and they look like they should field a strong team once again in 2019.Both home games look winnable; Detroit’s shutout victory at Lambeau in week 17 last year came with a concussed Rodgers on the sideline and a checked-out Packers team on the field. The Raiders, meanwhile, should still be a little ways away from contending, even despite having three first-round picks.However, week eight will be one of the biggest tests of the season, particularly for Pettine and the Packers’ defense. Given the Chiefs’ issues on defense last year https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Marcedes-Lewis-Jersey , this could well be a shootout, with Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes trading points. A Packers upset is hardly impossible, but without seeing the team’s new offense yet, it’s tough to project that as a win.Prediction: 2-2 (5-3 overall)NovemberAfter that game in Kansas City, a tough road week awaits as the Packers head to California for their longest road trip of the year. The Chargers look like a complete team, very good on both sides of the football, and that’s a tough draw after that prime time game in KC. However, the Packers then get a home game against Carolina before a late week-11 bye. That gives them plenty of time to rest up and prepare for another West Coast trip, this time to play the 49ers on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.The Chargers game is a dangerous one, given the travel and the opponent. Following that, however, I see a motivated team coming home to make a statement against Carolina before an off week. With Jimmy Garoppolo and Jerick McKinnon back, San Fran looks to be improved over last year as well, but I like the Packers’ chances against Matt LaFleur’s mentor, Kyle Shanahan.Prediction: 2-1 (7-4 overall)DecemberDespite five games in December, three of them come on the road to help minimize the Packers’ home-field advantage in the cold weather. Furthermore, one is against the Bears, another cold-weather team that appears built for that time of year.First, however, the Packers will fly all the way back across the country after facing the 49ers, as they open up December in New Jersey against the Giants. Will New York have a new quarterback by then? We’ll have a better idea next week in the draft https://www.thepackersfanshop.com , but I suspect that this Giants team is still going to struggle in 2019. An Alex Smith-less Washington team comes to Lambeau in week 14, followed by the Bears rematch in Green Bay the following week. The Packers then close it out with road dates at Minnesota and Detroit.Prediction: 3-2 (10-6 overall)I wish I felt good enough about the Packers in the division to say they sweep the divisional stretch at the end of the year, but I have a feeling that there’s a slight letdown coming late. I actually feel better about Green Bay’s chances of beating the Bears in week one at Soldier Field than I do about that week 15 game, largely because Chicago will have a tougher time preparing for a LaFleur-Rodgers offense when there’s no tape available. After 13 games, there should be more to work with and Chicago should be better-prepared. Meanwhile, the Packers have yet to win at U.S. Bank Stadium, so I’m not confident in projecting a win there. I will give Green Bay a win in week 17, however, and they’ll need it to clinch a postseason berth.All told, a 10-6 record would almost certainly be enough to get the Packers into the playoffs, but whether that’s enough for a division title should depend on the Bears and Vikings.Overall ObservationsOur Jason B. Hirschhorn discussed this just after the release of the schedule, but it bears mentioning again: getting five of the first seven games at home — and going no more than 200 miles away in the first month — sets up well for a strong start. However, the very beginning and end of the schedule will be critical to determining whether this Packers team can make a run at an NFC North title.The Packers open up with back-to-back division games in 2019, starting with the Bears on the road and then coming home to play the Vikings. They then close the season with back-to-back-to-back division games in the final three weeks of the season. Those periods will likely be a major determining factor in the divisional race, particularly that final stretch at the end of the year. Getting wins in the division early on can help ease the pressure on the team late in the season, but regardless of the rest of the team’s results, the Packers will almost certainly need to win two of their final three games to have a shot at t division title.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 454 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de