onference and 17 points behind that final playoff spot. Calga

in Spam 24.09.2019 05:24
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

Q2: Do you take it one article at a time? Is it a team effort?BA: The thing with column writing: You have to write one piece, then another, then another, then another, then another, then another, until eventually you stop. Heres what I always tell young journalism students in my ongoing attempt to scare away all but the diehards: lets you write the greatest column every written. Its perfect. Its the equivalent of writing the opening minute of Gimme Shelter. It changes lives. You did it.So, what are you writing tomorrow? Because that other column is gone, man.Also, yes, it is a team effort. I dont even write the headlines.Q3: Who is your favourite writer?BA: This right here is what they call a complicated question. Depends what you want: Columnist, features, novels, whatever. In sports, I could make a very long list, but I think the best columnist in North America is Dan Wetzel from Yahoo, who has such incredible instincts, and such a clear mind. I think the most powerful writer in North America is Charlie Pierce from Esquire. And my favourite novel is probably Catch-22.Q4: Is there such thing as tweeting too much?BA: So Ive been told. Q5: What the best article of yours we have never read?BA: Well, depends who you are. But I wrote a couple in university Im not yet embarrassed by: one about womens rugby, which was my first real feature, and one about a womens field hockey player named Jen Dowdeswell, and a couple others. If you havent read my piece about Acron Eger from 2008, that might be it. I still think about him.Q6: Have you inspired any good parody accounts on Twitter?BA: You want a parody account? This is a parody account. Gaze upon it. Its like a perfect oil painting. Q7: Other than you, whos your next favourite Bruce (excluding Wayne)?BA: I guess Willis? I mean, Die Hard alone, right? But my favourite B. Arthur is Bea Athur. She was a grand dame, she really was. Once I showed up at a physiotherapy appointment and theyd listed me as B. Arthur, and the ladies at reception were so disappointed when I showed up.Q8: While you were at UBC, did you ever meet David Suzuki? If so, what did you talk about? If not, can you make something up?BA: Why would I have met David Suzuki? I mean, I was busy, man. I did participate in the APEC protests in 1997 and nearly got tear-gassed, I worked at the student newspaper, I called basketball and football games for the radio station — which had an old Coke machine that contained a million cans of beer and it was a lottery which kind youd get — I met my future wife, all that stuff. The most interesting interview subject I sat down with was the novelist Thomas King, though. We mostly talked about writing. He was very patient, and great. Q9: What is your handwriting like?BA: Deteriorating. I can still pull out neat enough printing that my wife wants me to inscribe the Christmas cards, but my shorthand is basically runes at this point. Funny story: In high school Id walk by the typewriting class, which was a thing, and think, look at those suckers, learning to type. Why would I need to know how to type? Good call, young Bruce, you dummy.Q10: If you were to write a novel, what would the title be?BA: Novels seem hard. Like, youd have to think up character names, for a start. I think the title is probably what youd do last. And youd have to make sure nobody else had used it before. So I cannot answer this until Ive written a novel, which again, seems very hard. Q11: Can you provide us with one picture to judge you by?BA: Heres me as a young man shuffling cards under a tarp in the woods while smoking a cigar Q12: Can you go BarDown?Give enough unbothered time in my driveway with one of the hockey sticks we bought for the kids, sure. I prefer trying to get the ball hung up in the netting by shooting it under the back bar, but Im not sure theres a term for that, though. Nike Vapormax Herren Fake . Vettel only needs to finish fifth or better Sunday to wrap up the championship with three races remaining, and bettered his own lap record to claim his third straight pole at Buddh International Circuit. Nike Vapormax Plus Bestellen .Y. -- As if the worst start in franchise history isnt bad enough, Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black braced his teams win-starved fans for potentially more tough times. http://www.vapormaxschuhe.de/vapormax-plus-deutschland.html . "This isnt really the week you want to lose Chris Greaves," fellow lineman Glenn January said Wednesday after practice. Greaves is expected to miss several weeks after suffering a knee injury in last weeks 36-28 win over the Ottawa Redblacks. Nike Vapormax Damen Günstig .The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything. Nike Vapormax Schwarz Billig . Fielder ended 4-for-5 with a solo homer, while Avila was 4-for-4 with two runs scored for the Tigers, who put the brakes on a three-game skid and rebounded from a loss in Mondays opener. Victor Martinez and Austin Jackson both contributed two hits, an RBI and a run scored as Detroit maintained its healthy lead atop the AL Central.The Winnipeg Jets aim to pick up their second victory under new head coach Paul Maurice tonight as they visit the Calgary Flames. Viewers in the Jets region can watch the action unfold live on TSN Jets or tune in to TSN Radio 1290 at 7:30pm ct/8:30pm et. The Jets lost a season-high fifth game in a row on Saturday and the following day fired head coach Claude Noel. He was replaced by Maurice, who coached his first NHL game on Monday since being let go by the Carolina Hurricanes in November of 2011. Despite minimal time with his new team, Maurice picked up a 5-1 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes in his debut. The Coyotes scored first at 12:16 of the opening period, but Olli Jokinen responded just 36 seconds later and Eric ODells second career goal put Winnipeg ahead for good before the end of the frame. "They did the one thing we had talked about that when adversity came to the doorstep that next goal was huge," said Maurice. "The bench didnt get quiet, we stayed positive and thats the start of the foundation of handling adversity over the course of the game and sticking with it." Blake Wheeler added his club-leading 17th goal of the campaign and Devin Setoguchi and Michael Frolik also scored, while Ondrej Pavelec made 18 saves. "I think we did a good job of being ready to play tonight," said Winnipeg winger Andrew Ladd. "We have some more work to do in getting down (Maurices) system that he wants us to play, but we have plenty of time to get it going and make a push for the playoffs." Setoguchi, is questionable to play tonight due to illness, while fellow forward Evander Kane will miss his third straight game due to a hand injury. Kane was putt on Injured Reserve on Thursday, retroactive to Jan 7, and call up Carl Klingberg from the AHLs St.ddddddddddddJohns IceCaps. While the Jets find themselves 10 points out of the eighth spot in the Western Conference, it is a steeper climb for the Flames, who sit 13th in the conference and 17 points behind that final playoff spot. Calgary has lost eight of its last 10 games, shut out five times in that span while totaling just 10 goals. The Flames did blank the Carolina Hurricanes 2-0 on Monday, but fell in defeat the following night 4-2 to the Nashville Predators, who got a pair of goals 2:40 into the third period to snap a tie game. Lee Stempniak and Mikael Backlund both scored in defeat, with Jiri Hudler assisting on both goals and Karri Ramo recording 30 saves. "We werent ready coming into the third period," admitted Backlund, who scored in his third straight game. Calgary played a second straight game without forward Michael Cammalleri, who is out with a concussion. The Flames have won four in a row over the Jets franchise, including a 5-4 shootout victory in Winnipeg on Nov. 18. The Jets also have never won in Calgary dating back to their days in Atlanta, going 0-6-0 all-time on the road in this series. Ramo is 0-0-1 with a 3.30 goals against average in two career meetings with the Jets, including one start, while rookie Reto Berra made 43 saves in the shootout win that went eight rounds. Rookie Sean Monahan had the winner in the tiebreaker, while Cammalleri and T.J. Brodie had a goal and an assist in regulation. Pavelec is 0-2-0 with a 4.12 GAA in two previous starts against the Flames. Backup Al Montoya took the loss in November with 29 saves. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 92 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de