Broncos teammate Mitch Unrein recounted Wednesday.Oh,

in Spam 23.09.2019 10:16
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Chris Bosh made his case: He wanted to go for the win. So with 0.5 seconds left Saturday night, he sank the 3-pointer that gave Miami a 108-107 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers. Playing without LeBron James because of injury, the Heat acquiesced to Boshs wishes on the play that won it. "My call at the end of the game was much more conservative," coach Erik Spoelstra said. "I drew something up to get him on the move and he said, No, I want it for the 3. So he overruled it and became a prophet." Bosh finished with a season-high 37 points and added 10 rebounds to hand Portland its third loss at home this season. Wesley Matthews scored 23 points for the Blazers, who had won seven of eight. James injured his right groin and tweaked his left ankle Friday night in a 108-103 overtime loss at Sacramento that snapped Miamis six-game winning streak. He stayed in the game and finished with 33 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. The four-time NBA MVP warmed up before Saturdays game but was declared inactive about an hour before the opening tip. Michael Beasley started in his place. The Blazers held a 94-91 lead halfway through the final quarter, but Bosh hit a 3-pointer to tie it at 96. He made another 3 that brought Heat players on the bench -- including James -- to their feet as Miami pulled in front 101-98 with 2:03 left. LaMarcus Aldridges layup narrowed it to 103-102 with 1:08 to go before Nicolas Batum made all three of his free throws after he was fouled beyond the arc by Dwyane Wade. Wade dunked to tie it at 105 with 26 seconds left, but the Heat fouled Batum with 7.7 seconds to go and he made both shots, setting up Boshs 3-pointer when Wade drove right and kicked it back to him well beyond the arc. Bosh wanted that 3. "In that situation I wanted to go for the win," Bosh said. "It was just how I felt at the moment. So we kind of changed it where Dwyane had an opportunity downhill and if he got double-teamed I was behind him for the jumper." Spoelstra praised Bosh for taking the lead in James absence. "He was terrific tonight, a true two-way player," the coach said. "He took the challenge for the majority of his minutes on one of the premier players in this league (Aldridge) and then had to shoulder a big-time offensive load. That takes incredible stamina but also the skill set that he put on display tonight on both ends of the court." Wade called the victory the Heats first "signature win of the year." Aldridge, who finished with 22 points, missed a short jumper at the buzzer. "It was obviously a disappointing loss. I was disappointed that we put ourselves in that position at the end of the game where it had to come down to a couple of plays at the end," Trail Blazers coach Terry Stotts said. "Give Miami credit. We knew that they had a lot of good players and with James out, they had a lot of good players that can make plays and they did." Beasley appeared to get hurt himself early in the second half and came off the floor limping. He appeared in obvious pain while being attended to on the bench, but later returned to play. The two-time defending NBA champions also were without Chris Andersen (sore back), but Ray Allen (right knee tendinitis) and Wade (rest), who both missed the game against the Kings, were back in the lineup. James was the only Miami player to start the teams first 29 games. Listed as day-to-day, hell celebrate his 29th birthday on Monday when the Heat play at Denver to wrap up a four-game trip. Boshs follow shot gave the Heat a 19-12 lead midway through the first quarter. Aldridge hit a 21-foot jumper that tied it at 24 before the period was over. Damian Lillards 3-pointer gave Portland a 32-30 lead and Robin Lopez added a layup as the first quarter came to a close. The Blazers stretched the lead when Dorell Wrights layup off a dish by Mo Williams made it 43-34. Miami closed the gap but Portland held a 62-58 advantage at the break. Bosh and Matthews each had 18 points at the half. Boshs layup and Rashard Lewis 3-pointer put the Heat in front 71-69 midway through the third quarter. Portland quickly reclaimed the lead, pushing it to 86-79 on Williams 3-pointer. The Blazers led by as many as nine points. "Tonight we made a lot of mistakes. It was kind of a lesson that all of those things can come back to bite us," Lillard said. "But you cant win them all. Weve won so many of them and tonight we almost had another one." NOTES: James has given the Blazers trouble in Portland, averaging 29.6 points, 9.9 rebounds and 7.2 assists in his past 10 games at the newly renamed Moda Center. ... Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus was at the game. ... Spoelstra grew up in Portland and played basketball at the University of Portland. ... It was the first time this season that the Blazers lost a game they led after the third quarter. Ken Caminiti Jersey . Granada defender Diego Mainz barged into the back of Villa to send the Spain striker to the ground inside the area and Costa stepped up to the spot to score his 12th league goal in the 38th minute. Costa showed no effects of the news that his Brazilian citizenship may be revoked after he elected to play for Spains national team, as the forward was a constant threat for Atletico and forced several saves from goalkeeper Roberto. Chris Devenski Astros Jersey . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier. https://www.cheapastros.com/853o-andy-pettitte-jersey-astros.html . Louis against the Blues. The Canucks picked up their second straight victory in the swings opener on Tuesday in Calgary before getting routed in Minnesota last night, 5-1. Will Harris Jersey .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No. Don Larsen Astros Jersey . -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released veteran guard Davin Joseph, a mainstay on their offensive line over the past eight seasons.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Peyton Manning is as prolific a pitchman as he is a passer, and he cant even avoid all the commercials he stars in.I change the channel immediately, Manning said. And if other teammates are in the room, I run out of the room. I dont even want to hear the abuse coming my way. I dont watch a ton of TV, so I dont see a lot of it. But thats what I do, I change the channel. Nobody should be caught watching themselves on a commercial.Even when his mug isnt on the TV, Manning receives pot shots.One of Mannings latest endorsements is for Nationwide Insurance, and in the commercial he delivers a series of seven-syllable sing-songs to the companys Nationwide is on your side jingle.He hollers out 50-Omaha-set-hut! on the football field. Then in the cold tub mutters Losing feeling in my toes. As hes driving, he sings, Nothing beats that new car smell. Then, in a kitchen he bites into a sandwich after admiringly singing, Chicken parm, you taste so good.That last ditty caught up to him recently.We had some chicken parmesan in the lunch room the other day and he was loading it up and I said, Hey, what is that? Denver Broncos teammate Mitch Unrein recounted Wednesday.Oh, its chicken parm, Manning replied.I was like, Oh, does it taste so good? Unrein cracked.All Manning could do was join in the laughter.It was a layup, Manning said.dddddddddddd. I just served it right up to him.And yes, it did taste good.It was not bad, Manning said.Not many teammates have the guts to razz Manning.I didnt know what was going to happen when I started giving him a hard time about it, Unrein said. But he was a good sport about it.It takes some serious panache to poke fun at the five-time MVP, and Unrein certainly has that. After all, hes the most surprising member of the touchdown-catch club in Mannings careerDenvers fourth-year defensive tackle lined up at fullback on Dec. 2, 2012, slipped into the left flat on first-and-goal from the 1 and hauled in Mannings floater to help the Broncos beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-23.Everyone can (roast him), but it takes a certain amount of guts to do it, Unrein said. And I was feeling lucky that day. ... It kind of just came to me and I decided to give him a hard time.Manning was asked if he told Unrein he wont be catching any more touchdown passes from him as a result of being a wise guy.Yeah, he said he doesnt have any more room in his trophy case to put the ball, Manning said. So, I dont think he can have another.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 237 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de