The Carolina Panthers found themselves in an ideal

in Allgemeines 27.08.2019 03:33
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

position in the 2018 NFL Draft when it was their turn to pick at No. 24. The Panthers wanted a dynamic wide receiver and as luck would have it Blue David Mayo Jersey , none of the 23 previous selections played that position. Carolina would be able to pick the player they evaluated to be the top wide receiver in the entire draft. They went with Maryland’s D.J. Moore. Moore then had a slow start to his NFL career. In his first three games he registered just two receptions for 53 yards and a touchdown. He also rushed the ball two times for 10 yards. The Panthers had a Week 4 bye and since that time D.J. Moore has shown why he was the first wide receiver selected in the 2018 draft. Per Pro Football Reference, Between Week 5 and Week 12 Moore has led all rookie wide receivers in receptions (33), yards (482), catch percentage (84.6%), and yards per target (12.4). Rookie WRs Weeks 5-12 (min 10 recs)PlayerTmGamesTgtRecYdsCtch%Y/TgtPlayerTmGamesTgtRecYdsCtch%Y/TgtPro Football ReferencePro Football Focus recently provided some pretty incredible statistics which illustrate just how good Moore was between Week 5 and Week 11 (so this excludes his Week 12 performance against the Seattle Seahawks with eight receptions on nine targets for 91 yards):Just let that sink in for a moment: Between Weeks 5 and 11, D.J. Moore led the NFL in yards after catch per reception, led the NFL in yards after contact per reception, and ranked fourth in forced missed tackles per reception!Now, I’m purposefully going back to Week 5 for these stats because I’m a Panthers homer and would prefer to disregard everything that happened over the first month of the NFL season when discussing D.J. Moore. When looking at the entire season Blue Dontari Poe Jersey , Moore’s 565 receiving yards ranks second among rookie receivers behind the Atlanta Falcons Calvin Ridley with 625 yards. However, Ridley plays for a pass-happy Falcons team and has been targeted 66 times to just 48 targets for Moore. It’s a volume thing. D.J. Moore averages 11.8 yards per target so if he had Calvin Ridley’s 66 targets he would be sitting at 779 yards on the season and leading all rookies by a country mile. The difference between Ridley and Moore comes down to team offensive style (the Falcons are No. 5 in pass attempts, the Panthers are No. 23), not individual productivity. Ultimately, D.J. Moore is looking like a stud. Throw in Curtis Samuel and Christian McCaffrey and the Panthers have a trio of young, explosive playmakers who are only getting better. While the Carolina Panthers 2018 season is caving in on itself and will likely be remembered as a disappointing season of missed opportunities, I’d give the selection of D.J. Moore a giant thumbs up.Carolina Panthers fans are confident heading into Week 1 matchup against the Dallas Cowboys Welcome to SB Nation FanPulse, a survey of fans across the NFL powered by SurveyMonkey. Each week, we send 32 polls to 100+ plugged in fans from each team. Panthers fans Dontari Poe Jersey 2019 , sign up HERE to join FanPulse.Greetings, Panthers fans! We sent out our first FanPulse survey last week and the results are in, so thanks to everyone who participated in the survey! Let’s take a look at the answers y’all gave to the three questions you were asked.Will the Panthers win or lose in Week 1?I’m happy to see that our fan base is confident enough to give the Panthers a decent-sized cushion on Sunday. I personally voted for 10 points, so it looks like I’m pretty close to the mainstream opinion on this one. I hope we’re right.How confident are you in the direction of the team?Very confident: 50 percentSomewhat confident: 49 percentMeh: 0 percentNot very confident: 1 percentNot confident at all: 0 percentIt’s amazing what a new owner can do to instill confidence in a fan base, isn’t it? I voted ‘very confident’ so once again my thoughts line up with the majority of the fan base. I’m excited to see what David Tepper can do with the organization going forward.What is the worst NFL rule?This is one where I disagree with the majority opinion. I think the helmet rule is actually a good thing because the league needs to do something about CTE and try to make the game safer. I do concede that they were a little aggressive in calling penalties in the beginning of the preseason, but when the competition committee clarified that incidental contact isn’t supposed to be flagged, the number of penalties dropped significantly. I believe that we won’t see many issues of over-officiating once the regular season starts—at least I hope we don’t.My vote went to ‘fumbling out of bounds in the end zone is a turnover’. To me, that’s the dumbest rule. The ball should be placed where the fumble occurred and the offense should retain possession, just like it is on every other square inch of the field when a forward fumble goes out of bounds. The defense shouldn’t be rewarded for failing to recover a fumble Blue Cam Newton Jersey , and the offense shouldn’t lose possession because the ball landed out of bounds in the end zone when that doesn’t happen anywhere else on the field. Why do we have different rules for two nearly identical situations? The rule should be clear, concise and consistent. It shouldn’t be that hard.What do you think, Panthers fans? If you participated in the survey, feel free to expand on your thoughts in the comments. If you haven’t signed up yet and want to, please use the link at the top of this article to join the fun!

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 196 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de