f NFL.com caused an uproar among the draft community when he sen

in Allgemeines 10.08.2019 04:10
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

After reviewing his film Youth Shaq Thompson Jersey , there’s no reason Ed Oliver cannot play defensive tackle in the NFL despite being undersized."Lance Zierlein ot out this tweet about Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver. Zierlein isn’t known for reporting an erroneous or false claim. If he’s hearing it, then there’s a good chance that the report deserves merit. Oliver was a five star recruit for Houston. From the moment he stepped on campus, he lived up to the hype. My first experience watching Oliver live was in 2016 on a Thursday night in November. 2016 Heisman winner and current Baltimore Ravens starting quarterback Lamar Jackson came to Houston looking to build a resume for the playoffs. Oliver stole the show in that game, though. He finished with six tackles, two sacks, a forced fumble and two pass breakups. After studying Oliver last week, it’s clear that he should be treated as a defensive tackle. There are an influx of productive undersized defensive tackles currently in the NFL. Grady Jarrett, Mike Daniels, Geno Atkins, and Aaron Donald are a few who buck the idea that size should matter at the position.Pass rushThe immediate appeal of Oliver stems from his quickness off the ball and immediately wreck havoc. Oliver is lined up as the 3-technique (No. 10 between the guard and tackle) on this play. He is so quick to beat the guard with a nasty swim move that he actually attacks the running back instead of the quarterback. This type of athleticism and quickness can only remind me of Grady Jarrett or dare I say Aaron Donald. Oliver consistently has a plan if his first option isn’t successful. Sacks like this quell the concerns about his strength and ability to disengage. He initially begins his rush up field, but he’s able to disengage once the quarterback steps up to finish the sack. Oliver was constantly a focus for opposing offenses. That rarely slowed him down though. He gets the attention of four(!) players, but he’s still able to force a pressure.He wins immediately with his athleticism, but also check out his lower body movement. This play illustrates many reasons why I want Oliver closer to the football. Oliver isn’t just as a one trick guy. He understands how to convert speed to power Stitched Shaq Thompson Jersey , which allows him to use effective bull rushes. He lands a punch with excellent hand placement before collapsing the pocket and forcing an inaccurate throw.Run defenseThe concern echoed by Oliver skeptics likely rise from his run defense. I don’t share those concerns. His athleticism helps him beat slower guards to the gaps, but he also has the strength to anchor at times too.This is one of Oliver’s better run stops last season. He locks out his arms on the center, diagnoses the direction of the run, and then does a masterful job of shedding the block to make a tackle for loss. Part of the reason why his undersized frame works for him is he can out leverage the offensive line. On this play, he splits the gap by getting lower than the blockers. He’s able to immediately blow the run up. The offense is running a wide zone to the right, but Oliver’s unique blend of lateral movement allows him to avoid the reach blocks and chase down the run for a loss. Oliver’s disruptive nature should not be underestimated. Many offenses attempted to down block him, but he’s too quick for the guard at the point of attack. More often than not, it results in a loss.Ideally, a defensive coordinator won’t put Oliver in a situation where he has to anchor against double teams. That’s not to say he can’t hold up though. His powerful lower body gives him the capacity to hold his own and allow the linebackers to fill the gaps.Balance issuesA valid concern with Oliver are the amount of times he ends up on the ground. His balance issues stem from his attacking leverage being too high. If he can consistently rush with the desired pad level, then these issues could be minimized.Fit with CarolinaThe Panthers need interior and edge pass rushers. Oliver is a menace and he should test very well at the Combine. I would welcome Carolina drafting Oliver in the first round. He has a rare blend of flexibility, strength, and athleticism that makes him a unique prospect. I am also strongly against the idea of turning Ed Oliver into a linebacker. He does his best work close to the ball. Keep him there and allow him to flourish. Hopefully he gets to exhibit these traits for the Panthers. It was announced yesterday that Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons won’t be receiving an invite to the NFL Combine. Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons – a potential top-10 pick..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomCarolina Panthers Film RoomPanthers 2019 NFL DraftDoes Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons’ talent outweigh his off field concerns?New,72commentsESTShareTweetShareShareDoes Mississippi State DT Jeffery Simmons’ talent outweigh his off field concerns?John David Mercer-USA TODAY SportsIt was announced yesterday that Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons won’t be receiving an invite to the NFL Combine. Simmons’ off field history dates back to 2016 when a video surfaced of him repeatedly punching a female (viewer discretion advised). The incident took place before Simmons took the field for the Bulldogs. There are reports that Simmons has rehabilitated his image in Starkville during the past three years.Only time will tell if Simmons has actually repaired his image off the field Youth James Bradberry Jersey , but on the field he possesses a desirable skill set. As I mentioned in my scouting report on Russell Wren, the Panthers have questions at defensive tackle. They have invested more than enough resources into the position, but the production was unacceptable last season. Pass rushSimmons’ physical profile is excellent. He possess a large stout frame with plenty of length. He only managed two sacks in 2018, but he was responsible for thirty two pressures.This was the best pass rush I saw from Simmons in the four games I watched. He uses an effective swat and arm over move to beat the center. Simmons has a repertoire of counters in his arsenal, which bodes well for his future. Simmons uses a one arm bull rush to collapse the quarterback and affect the throw. This pure power is appealing, but the ability to make this play on pass rushing downs inflates Simmons’ value.Simmons gets the quarterback off his spot on this play. He swats the guard’s hands away, avoids the help block by the running back, and then chases the quarterback out of the pocket to force a throw away. Simmons displays violent hand movement, athleticism to elude the running back, and a non stop motor to chase the quarterback.Simmons rarely attacks the offensive line without a counter. He starts with a bull rush, but he transitions with a rip move to get right in the quarterback’s face. Simmons is also a smart player. He immediately picks up on the middle screen to target the running back, which forces a minimal gain. Run defenseDefending the run was where Simmons made his money in Starkville. He has terrific lateral movement, leverage Stitched James Bradberry Jersey , and flexibility to defend against zone and power concepts. Simmons eludes the reach block, but he’s able to work laterally through multiple gaps to force a tackle for loss. His tackling can be inconsistent, so he has to finish better once he enters the league. He finishes perfectly on this play, though.Simmons avoids the short reach block on this play, but he’s also able to use his leverage to continue moving for the finish. Simmons’ diagnoses run concepts well too. He stays low to the ground before pursing and finishing on the quarterback.Fit with CarolinaWithout question, Simmons has to answer to the red flags regarding his off field incident in 2016. If teams are willing to believe Simmons has learned from his actions in 2016, his talent deserves top 10 consideration. His production is a concern, but there were enough dominant plays where he was close to finishing sacks and tackles for loss. The Panthers might not have the option of selecting Simmons, but if they do prioritize repairing the defensive line then drafting him would be an ideal start.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 142 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de