The Falcons announced a change to their coaching sta

in Allgemeines 30.07.2019 03:58
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

ff on Tuesday.Bryant Young is stepping down as defensive line coach after spending the last two years on the job. Young said that the decision was made because of family reasons.“Over the past four years Black Andy Levitre Jersey , I have learned the importance of keeping my family and those I love close,鈥?Young said. “Unfortunately, due to health concerns and the season of life my family is in, we have not been able to be together as a family. One thing my son Colby taught me is to not take tomorrow for granted. Under the weight of those considerations, I have made the difficult decision not to coach this year with the Falcons. It was not an easy decision as I think highly of the Falcons organization and the staff I have worked with the past two years.”The Falcons will replace Young with Jess Simpson. Simpson was the team’s assistant defensive line coach in 2017 and spent last season at the University of Miami. You did not want to be on the wrong end of a Jumpy Geathers forklift."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Library FalcFans Podcast on The FalcoholicContact The FalcoholicFalcons StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Falcons NewsYahoo Falcons Team PageYahoo Falcons ReportYahoo Falcons Depth ChartYahoo Falcons TransactionsYahoo Falcons PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旻orgotten Falcons: Jumpy Geathers New,7commentsYou did not want to be on the wrong end of a Jumpy Geathers forklift. ESTShareTweetShareShareForgotten Falcons: Jumpy Geathers Welcome to Forgotten Falcons, a 2019 offseason series where we remember some quality players who have been largely forgotten by the fanbase over the years. Today, we’ll kick things off with former defensive lineman Jumpy Geathers.Time in Atlanta: 1993-1995Stats: 90 tackles, 18.5 sacks, 5 forced fumblesWhy you should remember him Before Jumpy Geathers was a remarkably productive Falcon from his age 33-to-age 35 seasons, he played in New Orleans and Washington. His association with the hated Saints should have made him less than a fan favorite in Atlanta Andy Levitre Jersey 2019 , perhaps, but he would go on to enjoy the most productive two season stretch of his career with the Falcons, so all was forgiven.But let’s rewind a bit. Geathers came into the NFL as a 2nd round pick for New Orleans back in 1984 and spent six seasons with them, piling up 26 sacks as a rotational defensive end and sometimes defensive tackle for that team. He jumped ship in 1990 to Washington, where he spent three seasons and managed 12.5 sacks, also getting his first and only Super Bowl ring. As a free agent in 1993, he headed to Atlanta, where he would go on to have the best three stretch of his career despite increasingly bad knees that made his nickname seem a little less apt. In three seasons, 46 of a possible 48 games, and just three starts, Jumpy piled up 18.5 sacks and forced five fumbles Black Ryan Schraeder Jersey , making one playoff appearance in 1995 with Atlanta. On a solid defensive line featuring Chuck Smith, one of the team’s greatest pass rushers ever, and a still potent Chris Doleman, Geathers moved around the line in relief and used his power to great effect, enduring a quiet 1993 season before finishing second on the team in sacks in 1994 with 8 (behind Smith, who had 11) and second on the team in 1995 with 7 (behind Doleman, who had 9). Geathers was certainly a favorite of mine as a kid, mostly because of his awe-inspiring power and his extremely memorable name. And the forklift. Geathers is probably best remembered today for that signature move, which is a move lifted straight out of pro wrestling and with all the psychological power that would suggest. The video above is grainy, but if you’re unfamiliar with Geathers’ work, this is a nice introduction to the way he would simply lift overmatched blockers off their feet and use them as a cudgel against the quarterbacks he evidently hated so much.Geathers finished his career with 62 sacks across four teams Ryan Schraeder Jersey 2019 , with a ruptured Achilles tendon in training camp costing him the 1997 season with the Broncos and, unfortunately, a second Super Bowl ring. The Geathers family has been extremely prolific, with nephews Robert Geathers Jr., Kwame Geathers, Clifton Geathers and Clayton Geathers all making it to the NFL. Robert Jr. played almost as long as his uncle, too.So while the Geathers name lives on, Jumpy only comes up occasionally in rememberance of those fun early 90s Falcons teams. As one of the most underrated defensive linemen of that time period and a terrific contributor for a short time in Atlanta, I hope Geathers is remembered a little more fondly and readily after you’ve read this.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 527 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de