At the national championship game nearly four months ago

in Eure Scrolls und Lineages 26.07.2019 03:23
von zhangzk • 125 Beiträge

ALAMEDA http://www.lionsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jahlani-tavai-jersey , Calif. (AP) — Oakland Raiders general manager Mike Mayock said he was told by an NFL scout that if he did nothing but draft players from Alabama and Clemson he’d get a passing grade in his first year on the job.Mayock apparently took the message to heart.The Raiders drafted Clemson cornerback Trayvon Mullen with the 40th overall pick Friday after twice trading back in the second round in deals with Jacksonville and Buffalo.Mullen was the third player from the national championship game taken by Mayock in the first two days of the draft. Oakland used two of its three first-round picks on Mullen’s Clemson teammate, defensive end Clelin Ferrell, and Alabama running back Josh Jacobs.“Being on the field before the game was just like, ‘Wow,'” Mayock said. “I said to somebody, ‘Man I’d take five of these guys and go home right now.’ And here we are. We got three of them Kyler Murray Jersey , so it’s exciting. It really is.”Mullen visited the Raiders prior to the draft and likes the idea of being reunited with Ferrell and playing with Jacobs and safety Johnathan Abram, Oakland’s third pick in Thursday’s first round.“This is awesome, man, being able to get back with my boy,” Mullen. “We have to get to work. They’re going to get a great player, especially with me and Clelin and even John Abram, because that’s like my best friend. Us guys getting together http://www.arizonacardinalsteamonline.com/byron-murphy-jersey , it’s going to be awesome.”Mullen was a second-team All-ACC pick during his junior year with the Tigers. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Mullen has not allowed a touchdown in coverage since 2017, according to Pro Football Focus, and he surrendered fewer than 300 yards passing in his college career.As luck had it, Mullen had one of his best games with Mayock watching. Mullen was the defensive MVP in the national championship game after tallying six tackles with a sack, interception and forced fumble.“I think it did a lot,” Mullen said. “Just the way out I went out there and showed the world the elite player that I am Andy Isabella Jersey , how confident I am, how strong and physical I am. I believe that game played a big role. It motivated me a lot to even making my decision to come out early.”Mayock wasn’t there to only scout Mullen but came away impressed.“He had a great national championship game,” Mayock said. “He’s a long corner. We love his length. He fits (defensive coordinator) Paul Guenther’s defense to a T, a long press corner that runs. We’re really excited about this kid’s upside and we’re happy to pick up the extra picks.”Mullen joins an increasingly crowded secondary with the Raiders. Former first-round pick Gareon Conley is expected to start at one of the cornerback spots. Oakland also tendered Daryl Worley, who started nine games in 2018.The Raiders didn’t have a third-round pick but stockpiled additional selections in the latter rounds, something Mayock had hinted he wanted to do.Oakland began the day moving back three spots from 35th to 38th in a trade with the Jaguars. The Raiders also acquired Jacksonville’s fourth-round pick (109th overall) in exchange for a fifth (140) and seventh (235).Mayock continued to work the phones and made another deal moments later with the Bills. Oakland dropped back two more spots to 40th overall and picked up a fifth-rounder from Buffalo.The phone didn’t stop ringing, even as Mayock worked his way downstairs to talk to the media following the end of the third round.“The goal coming into today was not to lose Trayvon and try to pick up some picks Clelin Ferrell Jersey ,” Mayock said. “And that’s what happened.” Quarterbacks are the gems of every National Football League draft class. A franchise QB is worth the first overall pick of any draft, as that individual can, theoretically, serve as the CEO of a team’s offense and also the face of a club for at least a decade. The Indianapolis Colts will obviously never regret using the first selection of the 1998 NFL Draft on a prospect named Peyton Manning. Manning went on to become arguably the greatest regular season QB in NFL history and a player who was worth multiple number one picks. At the opposite end of the draft value spectrum is New England Patriots legend Tom Brady, who was the 199th pick of the 2000 NFL Draft. Brady will likely always be remembered as the best draft pick in the history of North American professional sports. General Managers in need of solid, if not great, QBs hope draft classes will solve their problems and Josh Oliver Jersey , in many cases, save their jobs. The NFL has a long history of draft classes supplying the league with multiple great signal-callers who established and cemented tremendous legacies and guaranteed spots in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, plenty of draft classes have also provided the NFL with nothing but QB busts who flopped and failed. It’s hard to imagine there will ever come a time when a better QB class emerges than the one listed at the very end of this piece. That QB class remains the gold standard even if the man who was probably the best of the bunch never won a Super Bowl during his amazing career.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 536 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de