Luke Maile knows how tough Blak

in Allgemeines 23.07.2019 04:09
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

TORONTO (AP) —e Snell can be http://www.marlinsfanproshop.com/authentic-starlin-castro-jersey , having caught him many times during two seasons with Tampa Bay.Maile, now Toronto’s backup catcher, broke up Snell’s no-hit bid in the sixth inning, and the Blue Jays went on to beat the Rays 3-1 Saturday, snapping Tampa Bay’s five-game winning streak.Despite their friendship, Maile said the only thing going through his mind during the at-bat was protecting his health.“Honestly, the only thing I was trying to do was make sure I stayed on his fastball,” he said. “That’s just for self-defense really. If you don’t stay on his fastball, good luck.”Lourdes Gurriel Jr. hit a two-run double off of reliever Chaz Roe (0-2) in the seventh inning to provide the winning margin, while Teoscar Hernandez added an insurance run one inning later.Reliever Thomas Pannone (1-2) got the victory after pitching a scoreless seventh, while starter Clay Buchholz earned a no decision in his Blue Jays’ debut. Ken Giles got the last three outs for his fourth save.Despite failing to get a decision, Snell continued his stellar form since allowing five earned runs on opening day Nick Wittgren Jersey , with a 0.47 ERA in the 19 innings he’s pitched since. The reigning AL Cy Young Award winner has 33 strikeouts in those three starts, including nine on Saturday.Though disappointed at being pulled after just 82 pitches, having pitched last Monday in Chicago, the right-hander said he has nothing but confidence in his team’s coaching staff.“It was a shorter week for me to get ready and this is their plan,” he said. “I believe in it 100%. It’s all about longevity and that’s kind of why that move was made.”It was the fifth time this season that Toronto has been no-hit through at least five innings, but the first time the Jays recovered to earn a victory.In some ways, Snell’s brilliance on the mound is becoming somewhat routine to the rest of his teammates.“Amazing. One hit. Six innings. That’s just typical Snell,” said shortstop Willy Adames, who scored the Rays’ only run. “We’ve seen that over the last year, so we’re kind of used to that. When it doesn’t go like that, it’s weird.”Seeing his first action of the season after starting the year on the injured list with an injured right elbow, Buchholz lasted six innings Julio Urias Jersey , limiting Tampa to one earned run off six hits, striking out two.The right-hander said he’s learned to moderate his intensity since his last start in the majors, when he was with Arizona last September.“I’ve done it a couple times where I’ve gone out and it’s a max effort every time you throw and I think hard times come from that,” he said. “So I used a little bit of what I grasped in Arizona — less is more sometimes.”ONE AND DONEAfter a franchise-record seven consecutive games of scoring a first-inning run, the Rays came up short on Saturday. That also brought an end to their streak of holding a lead at the end of 45 consecutive innings, the longest such streak for an American League club since Baltimore did so for 55 straight innings in 1983, according to STATS LLC.FINALLY CAUGHTJi-Man Choi was caught stealing in the first inning, ending the Rays’ perfect run after being successful on a franchise-best 14 consecutive attempts this season.TRAINER’S ROOMBlue Jays: To make way for Buchholz on the roster, the team optioned INF Richard Urena to Triple-A Buffalo following Friday’s loss to Tampa.UP NEXTRays: RHP Charlie Morton (2-0, 2.25) is 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA in three career starts against Toronto.Blue Jays: RHP Marcus Stroman (0-2, 2.41) still awaits his first win of the season entering his fourth start of the season. Went 0-1 in two starts against Tampa Bay last year, allowing five earned runs in 6 1/3 innings pitched. JUPITER http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , Fla. (AP) — The St. Louis Cardinals placed five players on the injured list as they shaped their roster for Thursday’s opener at Milwaukee.The team said Monday the official reason for Brett Cecil’s designation is carpal tunnel syndrome, though the left-hander also is dealing with arm fatigue and erratic mechanics. Right-hander Carlos Martinez is out with a strained rotator cuff and reliever Luke Gregerson with a right shoulder impingement.Jedd Gyorko will start the season on the IL after dealing with a calf issue for most of March. He was hoping to be ready by opening day but will instead be out until at least April 4.Justin Williams is on the IL with a fracture in his right hand, though the Cardinals have plenty of depth in the outfield and he will likely head to Triple-A Memphis when he’s ready to go.Hours later, the Cardinals pared down to 25 active players with a flurry of moves. They optioned left-hander Tyler Webb to Memphis and reassigned seven players to the minors: right-hander Chris Beck, left-hander Tommy Layne, catchers Andrew Knizner and Francisco Pena, infielders Tommy Edman and Rangel Ravelo, and outfielder Dylan Carlson.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 135 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de