These beautiful SoCal sunny days are about

in Allgemeines 17.07.2019 02:48
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

to end. And Dallas Keuchel Jersey , no, I ain’t talking about the Halos."We have just gone through some incredibly lovely times here in Orange County. Not too cold, not too hot, beautiful sunny days with lovely, puffy white, clouds drifting overhead to entertain us. But these good things don’t last forever. They never do. Storm clouds are on the horizon. In the near future, we get nothing but dark and gloomy skies and rain after rain after rain.If you step back far enough and squint your eyes and re-read that paragraph above, I could be talking about the fortunes of the Angels. After all, I have lived with the sunshine and dark times with this franchise from the 60’s. I know the above to be true.But I’m not. It’s just a weather forecast.Cheer up with these Batten-Down-The-Hatches-HaloLinks:A Little Bit Of Angels NewsMoney talks, B.S. walks, small change rides the bus. Vegas (meaning “money”) expects this LAA team to win 83.5 games in 2019. (Yep, Vegas uses half games to force a conclusion.) The 2018 team won 80. It would have taken 98 to get out of the AL West and into the playoffs last year. Billy Eppler isn’t even trading water..........for the Halos? One-year,$18.25 million. That’s a whopping $325,000 more than he could have gotten from the Dodgers simply by saying yes to the QO, and for the same period of time. So http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , yeah, probably. You could have had Grandal for the QO value. That’s arguably the 2nd-best catcher in MLB last year, 30-years old, for $14.9 million more than taking the 23rd-best catcher in MLB last year, who will be 33 early next season. But, hey, it ain’t my money...........uh...ummmm....ok. Bryce Harper wouldn’t be signing with the Phillies because that is Mike trout territory?..............Machado is rumored to be up in the +$300 million mark, which is the market projection we all have had for him for years now. But WTF is with Jon Heyman doing trying to invent a “mystery team”?.......... And Machado to the White Sox? Does this mean that Chicago can ‘waste’ his prime years?..........And what are the Yankees waiting for?............Machado and Bryce Harper might be giant corks in this FA marketplace. This is why I don’t think it’s important to exclusively point the finger at ownership for time factors. Case in point: Dallas Keuchel. And right behind would be Mike Moustakas. Sure, it would be a lot more interesting, fun, and more productive for scribes if more FA signings were happening before the off-season runway ran out (er...excuse me...”comes into focus”). But signing early is rarely the best strategy for the best FA’s, as Scott Boras has proved and as other agents are following suit. And the best FAs command the larger shares of the overall net-new monies being contracted out to labor. This means that it is prudent on ownership to wait along with those big contracts in order to properly understand their financial commitments..........And because of the immediate above, there is still meat on the bone. Drew Pomeranz, anyone?..........The Mets have been crazy busy this winter, with a succession of blockbuster acquisistions. But what is surprising is to learn that they have actually LOWERED payroll. That they might be out of money to spend is merely status quo for the Wilpons.........The Duffle BagI encourage you all to give MLTBR.com 3 minutes of your time and thoughtfulness. We will all benefit...........Some baseball things Lance McCullers Jersey , Noah Syndergaard for instance, should be illegal..........We Pimp The Inevitable. All pitchers must bow upon their inability to reach out and prevent the conclusion..........Go forth and try your hand at naming the new Marlins MiLB team to be stuck placed in Wichita, Kansas..........David Wright’s final career At-Bat had a tiny backstory that is kinda cute..........Say a prayer for former MLB’er Chris Duncan..........Jonny Gomes: D’Backs fielding and baserunning coach. Someday Arizona might hire Jeff Mathis as their hitting coach..........You should already know this, but that doesn’t minimize the shock value..........The 2019 king of bobbleheads?.......... Mike Scioscia is perhaps the best Angels manager of all time - and also one who stayed 5 or 6 years too long"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Angels PregameAngels PostgameGamethreadsHalos Heaven PodcastsShohei OhtaniMinor LeaguesInterviewsAngels NewsSo Long Mike Scioscia, and Thanks for All the FishNew,92commentsMike Scioscia is perhaps the best Angels manager of all time - and also one who stayed 5 or 6 years too longByJessica DeLine@abaseballchickOct5, 2018,8:40am PDTShareTweetShareShareSo Long Mike Scioscia, and Thanks for All the FishI didn’t become an Angels fan until I moved to Orange County in 2005. I missed the fond memories of the 2002 World Series run. I missed the early years of Mike Scioscia. I’ve never met the man Mike Scioscia in person, the man that everyone says is great and loves. I’ve only know the manager Mike Scioscia. The one who in my 13 years of being Angels fan has led the team to 5 losing seasons - including the last 3 straight seasons and 4 of the last 6 years. This is the Mike Scioscia I know.Sometimes a manager becomes a legend because he brings the first ever World Series championship to a team. A man like Mike Scioscia. But I never really experienced that legend. Instead, I was a fan through a 10-19 post season record. Still, Scioscia had the best interests of the team in mind, he always did. I think his tenure was just too long. Managers don’t often last nearly 20 years on a team with 1 World Series win and 1 league pennant. But Scioscia did. Owner Arte Moreno is pretty loyal to the people on his staff.19 years for Mike Scioscia, 15 years for chairman Dennis Kuhl, President John Carpino for 15 years Mike Scott Jersey , CFO Bill Beverage for 15 years, SVP Molly Jolly for 18 years, VP Tim Mead since before Arte took the reins, and VP Neil Viserto for 10 years. In many ways, that consistency is good for an organization, and low turnover usually is a sign of an enjoyable work environment. But - when it comes to managing on the field, sometimes change is needed. The game changes, and managers often don’t change - or at least not enough.When a manager takes his team to the playoffs he’s often a candidate for manager of the year. Clearly, there is some thought that the manager affects the team and has an impact. So when a manager can’t win in the playoffs or barely get there at all, how does some onus not fall upon the skipper? It absolutely should.Signing Mike Scioscia to a 10 year extension back in 2009 was just bad business. Since then, Arte Moreno has learned his lesson.Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols say hello.The Angels had a .551 winning percentage under Scioscia at the time of his extension but a .523 since the deal was signed. If you look at the last 6 years, that percentage drops way down to .509. Just barely above average. No one wants to be that team. The “average” team.Scioscia took the Angels to one more AL Championship series in that contact extension year but over the past 9 years (8 with Mike Trout), they have only been once and were swept out in 3 straight games.I’m sure Mike Scioscia is an awesome person. I’ve heard all kinds of amazing stories and the players seem to love him. But his time had long been up as the Angels managerSo Long Mike Scioscia, and Thanks for All the Fish.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 394 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de