Thursday night quotes from Andy Reid that matter Kans

in Allgemeines 01.07.2019 08:37
von panxing18 • 147 Beiträge

as City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid spoke to local media members after the Chiefs’ fourth fan final preseason game Thursday night Sammy Watkins Jersey , a 33-21 win over the Green Bay Packers.Prior to taking questions, Reid said that wide receiver Byron Pringle “got [his hamstring] pretty good,” meaning Pringle could very well be a candidate for injured reserve in a deep, deep wide receiver room.Here were the quotes from Reid that seemed to hold a little more weight than the others:On rookie safety Armani Watts, who recorded two interceptions in the game: “He had a big night tonight with two interceptions. That’s what you saw at Texas A&M. He’s an instinctive player. It’s just a matter of him playing more and you will see a different player each week in a positive way I think. He was an instinctive player when he first came here. The more he has played the defense, the better he has gotten. He’s got pretty good hands Anthony Hitchens Jersey , those were good catches. He did a nice job.”Prior to the Chiefs drafting Watts, SB Nation called him the most clutch player in the 2018 NFL Draft. When the Chiefs decided to move on from Marcus Peters, they lost someone with a seemingly innate ability to cause turnovers. Perhaps the Chiefs have a player who could develop into a replacement in that regard in Watts.On whether it was important for Reid to see just as many reps from Matt McGloin as he did Chase Litton: “It was, yes. I wanted to give Chad (Henne) a series, and they had some guys they were going to potentially play on defense that were coming back off of injury that they wanted to work in, which was a new defense Mitchell Schwartz Jersey , so they could potentially throw some things at us. I thought it would be good work for Chad to get that and play him for a series and then get the other two guys in there. I thought they did a nice job, both Matt and Chase. Matt has a little more experience, but Chase sure did some nice things. He saw the blitz, got it out of his hands and knew where he wanted to go with it. He did a pretty good job.” Matt McGloin played as good a game as he had to in order to make the roster decision tough, but I’m still hoping the Chiefs go with Litton here. If Chad Henne wasn’t already on the team, I may feel differently Juan Thornhill Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys , but the Chiefs have the experience there in Henne. Develop a backup with unknown upside.On the current state of the Chiefs’ cornerback position: “I like some of the things I’ve seen. It was good to get Steven (Nelson) back practicing. He is a big part of that. It was good to have Orlando (Scandrick) in the mix. I will tell you, we can’t have enough of those guys. David Amerson is working to get better. I think that’s important.”As I noted here, Reid is never going to go out of his way trash a player. That being said, there are feelings you can take away from the things he does say, and what this statement says to me is he sees Nelson and Scandrick higher in the depth chart than Amerson. It’s not the sentiment you want if you’re Amerson two days prior to the 53-man cutdown day. Chiefs headlines for Tuesday, April 2."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Kansas City Chiefs NewsOpen ThreadsFull ArchiveLibrary Community GuidelinesContact InformationOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旳rrowheadlines: ESPN grades Chiefs’ trade for Emmanuel OgbahNew Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys 2019 ,86commentsChiefs headlines for Tuesday, April 2. CDTShareTweetShareShareArrowheadlines: ESPN grades Chiefs’ trade for Emmanuel OgbahScott R. Galvin-USA TODAY SportsThe latestBarnwell’s 2019 NFL free-agency and trade grades: Tracking every big signing and move | ESPNChiefs Mock Draft 1.0: Projecting all seven rounds of Kansas City’s NFL Draft picks | The Kansas City StarJackson County will sell old Arrowhead seats but it needs help bringing them to sale | The Kansas City StarThe Browns even have *other* fans believing they’re one of the NFL’s division favorites | SB Nation 2019 NFL Draft: Eight trades that teams should make on Day 1 | NFL.comNFL’s top five rivalries for 2019 season: Browns-Steelers at No. 1! | NFL.comUH linebacker Emeke Egbule to visit Texans, Chiefs | Houston ChronicleAthletes take to social media to pay respect to the late Nipsey Hussle | For the WinSean McVay Pranked Kliff Kingsbury About Tampering with Patrick Mahomes | Bleacher ReportAround the leagueOffseason workout dates announced for all 32 teams | NFL.comLions signing RB C.J. Anderson to one-year deal | NFL.comAntonio Brown offers advice to NFL players unhappy with current teams | NBC SportsBill Belichick was “especially vocal” about one rule change at NFL owners meetings | Yahoo! SportsSteelers release S Morgan Burnett after one season | NFL.comPassing is not a fad – it’s the permanent future of the NFL | For the WinThe NFL has just three black head coaches. Mike Tomlin has noticed | Pittsburgh Post-GazetteIn case you missed it at Arrowhead PrideChiefs trade Eric Murray to Browns for Emmanuel OgbahBrett Veach continues to demonstrate skill with contracts and the capFollow Arrowhead Pride on Social MediaAP Facebook Page: Click here to like our pageAP Instagram: Follow @ArrowheadPrideAP Twitter: Follow @ArrowheadPrideAP Editor-in-Chief: Pete Sweeney: Follow @pgsween610 Sports Twitter: Follow @610SportsKC

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 187 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de