matter if you play a team in the playoff race. G

in Tauschbörse 24.06.2019 05:42
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

DETROIT - Dallas Keuchel won this matchup of old college roommates — then admitted he hadnt paid much attention to his friend-turned-adversary on the mound. Keuchel outpitched Drew Smyly, and the Houston Astros beat Detroit 6-2 on Thursday to snap the Tigers eight-game winning streak. Keuchel and Smyly both pitched for the Arkansas team that reached the College World Series in 2009, but on this day, Keuchel had more important concerns than watching his fellow left-hander throw. "I honestly didnt see a single pitch from him," Keuchel said. "I was in the tunnel. It was kind of hot today for Detroit right now, and I was just trying to stay cool as much as possible." Keuchel (3-2) allowed two runs and six hits in 7 2-3 innings, and Houston ended its five-game losing streak. The Astros broke through with three runs in the fifth off Smyly (2-2) to take the lead. Houstons George Springer, a first-round draft pick in 2011, hit his first major league homer. Carlos Corporan and Matt Dominguez also went deep for the Astros. Victor Martinez homered for the Tigers. Smyly allowed only one hit — an infield single — through the first four innings, but his outing took a turn for the worse in the fifth when Springer lined a one-out solo homer over the wall in right. "Its obviously good to hit something hard and to have a great result like that," said Springer, who planned to give the home run ball to his father. "I didnt try to do too much — was able to stay on it and hit it hard, and for me thats a great sign." Jose Altuve put the Astros ahead 3-2 with a two-run double later that inning. Smyly allowed three runs and five hits in 5 1-3 innings. He struck out two and walked three. Corporan homered off reliever Evan Reed in the seventh to make it 4-2. Keuchel struck out seven without a walk, navigating a tough Detroit lineup without too much difficulty. "I wont be talking to him for a while," Smyly joked. "I thought hed do OK, but hes a lefty and with our offence, I thought wed get to him. Hes a very smart pitcher and hes a bulldog, and we couldnt do anything with him. Thats as good as Ive seen him, and you have to tip your hat." Keuchels final big test came in the seventh, when Detroit put men on first and third with two out. Keuchel struck out pinch-hitter Torii Hunter to end the inning. The temperature at game time was 77 degrees, and Keuchel said his decision to ignore Smylys pitching was nothing personal. "On the more humid days, Ill try to go in and keep cool in between innings, so I dont usually watch the other pitcher," he said. "In this case, it was my college roommate, so Im sure hell be mad I didnt see a few pitches." Miguel Cabrera came to the plate in the eighth after Ian Kinslers single chased Keuchel, but the best the Detroit slugger could do against reliever Anthony Bass was a soft grounder to second. Dominguez hit a two-run homer in the ninth. The Tigers opened the scoring in the second on an RBI double by Nick Castellanos. Springer, who came close to preventing a homer by Cabrera the previous night, nearly caught this drive too, but it caromed off the wall in right field. Martinez hit his seventh homer of the year in the fourth. He finished the day with three hits, extending his hitting streak to 11. NOTES: Houston OF L.J. Hoes, who entered the game in an 0-for-20 slump, had three singles and scored a run. ... The Astros play at Baltimore on Friday night, with RHP Scott Feldman (2-1) scheduled to return after missing time with right biceps tendinitis. Baltimore starts LHP Wei-Yin Chen (3-2). ... Detroit hosts Minnesota, with RHP Justin Verlander (4-1) on the mound against Twins RHP Phil Hughes (3-1). Steve Bartkowski Jersey .Johnny there, who knew he had that speed? teammate Tommy Wingels said.Scott and Matt Irwin were unlikely goal-scorers Tuesday night as the previously stingy San Jose Sharks finally sprung a leak or two, blowing a pair of three-goal leads before coming away with a 6-5 shootout victory over the Washington Capitals. Wholesale Atlanta Falcons Jerseys . The Cavs announced the move Saturday, one day after LeBron James said hes returning to Cleveland. A 12-year veteran, Haywood has played in 794 NBA games, averaging 6. http://www.cheapfalconsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-john-cominsky-jersey . - The Toronto Blue Jays have optioned pitchers Kyle Drabek, Chad Jenkins and Sean Nolin to triple-A Buffalo. Cheap Atlanta Falcons Jerseys . - The situation looked bleak at best for the coach Doc Rivers Clippers — down by four points with 18 seconds left in the fourth quarter. Deion Sanders Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks recovered from a fluke goal early last time out to knock off one of the top teams in the league.CALGARY -- Mike Cammalleri has had a knack for scoring game-winning goals for the Calgary Flames lately. Cammalleri has scored 10 times since the National Hockey Leagues trade deadline on March 5 and four of them have been winners, including his goal with 7.8 seconds left in the second period of Calgarys 4-3 win over the New York Rangers at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday. "I think it has a lot to do with team play," said Cammalleri, who also scored the shootout winner in Calgarys 2-1 win at home over the San Jose Sharks on Monday. "To get a game winner, you have to win the game. I would think that were doing a lot of things better as a group and thats putting guys in positions where they can do things like that." Joe Colborne, Mark Giordano and Kevin Westgarth also scored for the Flames (31-36-7), who tied a franchise record (set in 2005-06) with their 45th one-goal game of the season. They improved their record to 22-17-8 in those one-goal affairs. "Around the league, were well known," Westgarth said. "Its never going to be an easy game against the Flames. Obviously the season hasnt gone the way that we wanted it to. Playoffs is the goal. Were not there this year. Were looking to spoiler a lot at the end of this season and were looking forward to having a big next year." T.J. Brodie had a pair of assists for Calgary, while goalie Karri Ramo made 38 saves to improve his record to 14-11-4. Brad Richards had a goal and an assist for the Rangers (41-30-4), whose winning streak ended at five games. "We knew coming into this game that Calgary was a very good team at four-man rush and they proved it tonight," said New York coach Alain Vigneault. "We didnt do a good enough job coming back in our zone and picking up the rush and after the rush protecting the front of our net. That led to Grade-A opportunities and they capitalized." Brian Boyle and Raphael Diaz also scored for the Rangers, who sit in second spot in the Metropolitan Division, just one point ahead of the Philadelphia Flyers (39-27-7), who beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 on Friday. Goalie Henrik Lundqvist finished with 24 saves in the New York net. "Theyve been playing well," Lundqvist said of the Flames. "Theyve been beating a lot of good teams. Theyre a fast team. It doesnt matter if you play a team in the playoff race. Guys are playing for pride and for jobs and theyre going to come hard no matter what." The Flames took an early 1-0 lead on a power-play goal by Colborne at 4:51 of the first period. After Curtis Glencross wired a wicked shot from the slot off the post, the puck found its way to Colborne, who backhanded a shot over the fallen Rangers goalie. Less than two minutes later, New York appeared to tie the game when Rick Nash threw a puck to the front of the net that bounced off of Martin St. Louiss skate and past Ramo. After review, referee Mike Leggo waved off the goal after it wass deemed St.dddddddddddd Louis intentionally directed the puck into the net with his skate. Giordano put the Flames up 2-0 at 16:49 of the first when he snapped a shot over Lundqvists glove hand, off the post and in. Late in the opening frame, Ramo made a great glove save to stop a point-blank shot by Derek Stepan, who was left wondering what the Rangers had to do to score. After stopping all 18 shots he faced in the first, Ramo allowed three goals on four shots early in the second. "They came back in the second with three relatively quick ones and that can deflate teams sometimes, but I think thats been a hallmark of our game is that response and the never-say-die attitude," Westgarth said. "Were at this point of the season playing big teams, playing teams with a lot to lose. Its a huge step in the right direction to be in every game and winning a lot of them." Boyle opened the scoring for New York at 2:12 of the second. After swatting a feed from Derek Dorsett off the post behind Ramo, Boyle easily tapped the loose puck in the crease into a wide-open net. Diaz tied the game 39 seconds later when his point shot deflected off Calgarys Kenny Agostino and Tyler Wotherspoon before finding its way into the back of the net behind Ramo. Richards capped off New Yorks goal-scoring spree when he took a pass from Carl Hagelin and beat Ramo with a shot to the top corner to put the Rangers up 3-2. Calgary coach Bob Hartley commended Ramo for keeping his composure after giving up the three quick goals. "He is so strong mentally," Hartley said. "Its almost like a boxer that takes a few good ones on the chin. You get wobbling but with Karri, hes solid, he stayed focused, than came back in the third period with big saves." Calgary tied things up again at 13:49 of the second when Westgarth knocked a loose puck in the crease past Lundqvist. Cammalleri then scored with 7.8 seconds to go before the second intermission when his shot squeaked through Lundqvists pads and across the goal-line. St. Louis had a great chance to tie the game just past the seven-minute mark of the third period, but Ramo made a sprawling save to deny the veteran forward. "I was able to read it pretty well," Ramo said. "Nash didnt really have any other options than to pass it because he was being tripped so I was able to read it." St. Louis has yet to score in 13 games since being acquired from the Tampa Bay Lightning by the Rangers at the trade deadline. He has just three assists in that span. Notes: After taking a hit from Dorsett late in the first period, Calgary defenceman Ladislav Smid left the game with an upper-body injury and didnt return. a The Flames are now 19-7-3 when scoring first this season and 19-4-2 when leading after two periods. a Calgary forward Sean Monahan is stuck on 19 goals in his rookie season. He hasnt scored in 11 games. During that same span, Westgarth and Brian McGrattan have combined for five goals. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 94 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de