Kevin Shattenkirk and the St. Louis Blues took

in Tauschbörse 21.06.2019 05:37
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Juan Lagares was ready to contribute when given the opportunity. "I know I can play. Thats what I do. Thats what Im here for," Lagares said after driving in three runs with a homer and a single and robbing Washingtons Jayson Werth of a home run in New Yorks 5-2 win on Saturday. Lagares came in 5 for 27 in his past 11 games, but he provided a jolt for the struggling Mets. He singled in a run during a three-run first and homered with one on and one out in the third to give New York a 5-0 lead. Hes batting .304 for the season. "Well, hell play tomorrow," Mets manager Terry Collins said to laughter following the game. "He had a good game. Thats great. Thats why we put him in there today," Collins added. "Gios not easy to hit, but hes got a (better) chance to have some success against lefties than he has been against righties, so I let him in there." The Mets outfielder took a homer away from Werth with a leaping catch against the wall in centre. "Im not surprised by anything he does defensively, not a thing," said Collins, who also praised Lagares for his offensive work this week with assistant hitting coach Luis Natera. "I try to be positive, try to do my work in the cage and try to be ready for the opportunity," Lagares said. "Thats the key, be positive and keep working." Bartolo Colon (3-5) allowed two runs and five hits over eight innings as New York snapped a three-game losing streak and won for the first time in 10 tries against Washington. Rookie Eric Campbell drove in two runs and had his first two-hit game, and Daniel Murphy added two hits as well for New York. Colon, who turns 41 next week, came in 0-2 with an 8.31 ERA (17 runs in 17 1-3 innings) in three starts this month -- all on the road. On Saturday, he retired the last 11 hitters he faced. "He made big pitches, he pitched ahead," Collins said. "You know, you looked up and you saw he had 70 pitches, you kind of figured hes on his game." Jenrry Mejia pitched the ninth for his first career save. Ian Desmond had two hits, including a two-run homer, for Washington. Gio Gonzalez (3-4) took the loss, suffering his second straight poor start. Coming off a 9-1 loss at Oakland in which he allowed seven earned runs in five plus innings, he lasted just three innings Saturday. "Arm slot wasnt where I wanted it to be. Up in the strike zone the entire time, falling behind on everyone. You can see it just wasnt a good game at all," Gonzalez said after allowing five earned runs and seven hits. The Mets scored one more run in the first inning Saturday than they had in the previous 27 combined. With one out, Murphy lined a single to centre and David Wright followed with an infield hit between first base and the mound. After Chris Young walked, Campbell sent a single to centre to score Murphy and Wright. Lagares, in the starting lineup for the first time since Tuesday, blooped a single to right, scoring Young with the third run. It marked the 10th time this season that Washington had allowed three or more runs in the first inning. In the third, Campbell singled with one out and Lagares drove a 3-2 fastball into centre. Desmonds homer in the fourth pulled the Nationals within 5-2. Werths leaping catch at the wall with two outs in the ninth preserved Friday nights 5-2 Washington win. He was the victim on Saturday, however, when he appeared to pull the Nationals within 5-3 with a drive to centre to open the sixth, but Lagares raced to the wall, leaped and reached back to grab the drive. "I know he hit it good," Lagares said. "I just go like I always go, hard, and try to make the catch." NOTES: Craig Stammen pitched four innings of scoreless relief for the Nationals. ... Murphy has hit in nine straight (13 for 36) and in 34 of the 40 games hes played. ... Nationals 1B Adam LaRoche tested his strained right quad Friday and said he hopes to be ready to return when hes eligible to come off the disabled list May 25. ... New Yorks Zack Wheeler (1-3, 4.53) opposes Jordan Zimmermann (2-1, 3.59) in Sundays series finale. Brian Dawkins Jersey . - A lot of scenarios ran through Terrell Suggs head when the Baltimore linebacker prepared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers. Andre Dillard Jersey .com) - Carmelo Anthony tallied 31 points to help the New York Knicks continue their improved play of late with a 100-92 victory over a short-handed Oklahoma City Thunder squad. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-randall-cunningham-jersey . Messier, who had been a special assistant to Rangers general manager Glen Sather, announced Thursday in a statement that he is resigning in order to "expand the game of hockey in the New York area by developing the Kingsbridge National Ice Center. Cheap Eagles Jerseys . Green-Ellis was Cincinnatis leading rusher each of the last two seasons. His role was reduced last year when Giovani Bernard was added to the backfield. Green-Ellis ran for 756 yards and a career-low 3. Chuck Bednarik Jersey . His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves.DALLAS -- Kevin Shattenkirk and the St. Louis Blues took advantage of Dallas struggling penalty killers -- with only a few seconds to spare. Shattenkirk scored a power-play goal 4:49 into overtime, giving the Blues a 3-2 victory over the Stars on Sunday. Jaden Schwartz had a goal in his fifth straight game and T.J. Oshie also scored for the Blues, who improved to 12-0-1 against Central Division opponents. Brian Elliott made 28 saves to win for the second consecutive night. After the Stars failed to score with a man advantage earlier in overtime, Kevin Connauton was penalized for tripping at 4:24. Shattenkirk took a pass from Alex Pietrangelo in the left circle and shot the puck past goalie Kari Lehtonen into the lower right side of the net. Vladimir Sobotka also assisted. "(Sobotka) did a lot of work on that," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "He did a lot of work creating the penalty and did a great job obviously on the goal." Dallas overcame a 2-0 deficit with second-period goals by Jamie Benn and Ryan Garbutt. Schwartz opened the scoring on a power play at 2:41 of the first. He has one goal in each of his last five games. St. Louis scored off a Stars mistake at 5:12 of the second. Oshie picked up the puck after Connauton whiffed on a pass in his own end. Dallas scored only its third power-play goal at home this season when Benn got his fourth goal in five games at 8:13. Garbutt tied it 2-all at 11:31 on a screened shot from the left point that went between Elliotts legs. Lehtonen stopped 19 shots for Dallas, which came into the game with an 89 per cent success rate on the penalty kill. "We had our opportunity in overtime and we didnt get it done," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "We can look at the two one-timers that we shot. We missed the net on both, and their one-timer found a hole." The Blues have earned at least a point in six consecutive road games (4-0-2), extending their season-best streak. Sobotka returned after missing six games because of an upper-body injury and had two assists. He stepped in for captain David Backes, out because of an upper-body injury sustained Saturday against Chicago. "(Sobotka) is a player that you can rely on in every situation. Hes just a great player all around," Schwartz said. "It was a big jumpp for us and a big positive leap getting him back in the lineup.dddddddddddd" It appeared that Dallas had scored in the first minute for the second consecutive game when Cody Eakin batted in a rebound of Garbutts shot. But the goal was disallowed because Garbutt didnt allow Elliott to make a play on the puck. "I thought we did our best to try to avoid contact. Its a tough call," Ruff said. "They make a decision on the ice, and its made." After a disputed icing call, Garbutt received a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. While he was in the box, Schwartz took a cross-ice pass from Sobotka and put the puck into the open right side of the net. "It was frustrating to get that goal waved off, especially after the one they had in St. Louis on us," Garbutt said. "But I cant really do anything about that. That was definitely something I had to fight back from and help the team." Schwartz has 13 goals this season. His five-game streak has him halfway to the Blues record of 10 set by Brett Hull -- twice. Lehtonen stopped St. Louis second-best scoring chance in the period with a pad save of Vladimir Tarasenkos wrist shot. Neither team had a goal or a penalty in a defence-minded third period, when Dallas outshot the Blues 8-4. "We were outplayed in the second, but in the third we really managed the game properly and did a good job," Hitchcock said. Oshie received a slashing penalty at 1:11 of overtime, but the Stars couldnt take advantage. "You look at the attempts at the net and the amount of chances we had vs. they, and theyre a better team at finishing off some opportunities," Ruff said. NOTES: Dallas is 3 for 63 (5 per cent) with a man advantage at home this season. ... With Backes sidelined and Alexander Steen on injured reserve, St. Louis was without its top two goal scorers. ... Dallas Alex Chiasson returned after missing two games because of the flu. ... Also returning was Blues forward Brenden Morrow, the Stars captain for six-plus seasons, for his first game in Dallas since being traded last March. The Stars played a video tribute to Morrow during a first-period timeout. "It was a nice little tribute. I just wanted to make sure I got through it, didnt tear up and acknowledged everyone," Morrow said. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 138 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de