ven and walked two. In his last two starts, Hahn has allowed no earned ru

in Literatur 20.06.2019 05:31
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Dirk Nowitzki is the 13th-leading scorer in NBA history. On Wednesday night, in his words, he was reduced to "an expensive decoy." Nowitzki was held to a season-low nine points, and missed 11 of 14 shots from the field, but the Dallas Mavericks still beat the Washington Wizards 87-78. Monta Ellis scored 16 of his 23 points in the second half and Vince Carter had 13 as the Mavericks won despite equaling their season low in points. "It was an ugly game. I think we set the NBA back a couple years today," Nowitzki said. He rolled his left ankle in the games first minute, for "probably the 200th time in my career," Nowitzki said. "It was obvious that I wasnt moving well. I didnt get any elevation on my jumper." The key to the game was Dallas holding Washington scoreless for more than 4 minutes late in the game. The Wizards led 74-70 with 4:58 to play, but the Mavericks scored nine straight points on a 3-pointer by Carter, a hook shoot by Brandan Wright, two free throws by Carter and a jumper by Ellis to give Dallas a 79-74 lead with 2:14 to play. Washington didnt score again until John Wall, who led the Wizards with 22 points, made two free throws with 46 seconds to play. The Mavericks won despite shooting just 38.5 per cent, but they held Washington to 37.5 per cent. "It was a beautiful game," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle laughed. "It was such a competitive game, up and down the stretch, whoever won was going to be the survivor." Trevor Booker had 10 points and a career-high 19 rebounds for Washington. "We wasted a good defensive effort," coach Randy Wittman said. It was Dallas fourth straight win on the road and their eighth straight over the Wizards (14-15), who failed in their attempt to rise above .500 for the first time since Oct. 31, 2009. It was the second time this season Washington failed to get over the .500 mark. "Its a great opportunity in front of us, and we continue to get there and we just lay an egg in the next game," Wizards guard Bradley Beal said. Beal, who shot 4 for 13, was pleased that Washington thwarted Nowitzki. "Whenever you can hold a great scorer like that down to a minimum, you always love your chances," Beal said. Ellis, who signed with the Mavericks as a free agent last summer, was a career 77 per cent free throw shooter. This season, hes boosted his percentage to 83, and on Wednesday made 9 of 10. "I thought tonight was Monta Ellis best game with us. He had such great command of the game offensively. He was under control, he was finding people," Carlisle said. Ellis hit all six of his free throws in the fourth quarter. "I want to get better, for that opportunity down the stretch to make those free throws, because I know theyre going to put the ball in my hands," Ellis said. In its last game, Dallas escaped with a win at Minnesota on Monday. On Tuesday, the NBA released a statement saying that the Timberwolves Kevin Love should have been awarded two free throws late in a two-point Mavericks win. Shawn Marion should have been assessed a foul, the NBA said. The Mavericks finished the first quarter Wednesday on a 15-5 run to take a 25-20 lead. Washington went on a 9-0 run to take a 36-35 lead with 3:48 to play in the first half. The Wizards led 42-39 at halftime. The Wizards led through nearly the entire third quarter, surrendering the lead briefly on a 9-0 Dallas run, but led 61-59 after three. Wall, who had seven rebounds and five assists, but tied a season high with seven turnovers, left the court with about 3 minutes to play in the first quarter. His left eye was cut and after the game he continued to wear a bandage. Wall said he was elbowed in the eye in a scrum, but wasnt sure who hit him. "I just know there was four of us down there," Wall said. NOTES: Carlisle declined comment on the NBAs statement about Mondays game. ... Washington swingman Glen Rice, who had surgery on his right wrist last month, had the sutures removed from it Tuesday, Wittman said. ... This was the second consecutive year the Mavericks and Wizards played on New Years Day in Washington. Cheap Bengals Jerseys China .J. Hardy to avoid a three-game sweep after blowing a big early lead. Odour had a leadoff single in the seventh and scored the tiebreaking run with the help of two errors by Hardy as the Rangers went on to beat the Orioles 8-6 on Thursday night. Wholesale Bengals Jerseys . Sources tell TSN that union executives travelled to select CFL cities Monday to open dialogue with players and answer questions. After the tentative deal was reached Saturday night, several players posted messages of frustration and disappointment on social media - and that carried over into Sunday on both the web and the field. http://www.cheapbengalsjerseyselite.com/ .com) - Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was named the National League Player of the Month for April. Cheap Bengals Jerseys Authentic .Y. -- The Buffalo Bills will head into the regular season short on experience at quarterback after trimming the roster on Friday. Cheap Bengals Jerseys . The top-ranked Williams carried her winning momentum from 2013 into the new season, beating No. 2-ranked Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 7-5 on Saturday to defend her title at the Brisbane International and set the tone for the Australian Open. SAN DIEGO -- Until Thursday, Jesse Hahn hadnt pitched seven innings since his junior year of college in 2010, after which he had reconstructive elbow surgery. The rookie right-hander pitched seven strong innings and pinch-hitter Chris Denorfia singled in the go-ahead run in a four-run seventh for the San Diego Padres, who rallied for the second straight game to beat the Seattle Mariners 4-1 on Thursday night. "Im building up my innings and my pitch count and Ive actually felt stronger and stronger as I went out there, so hopefully next start Ill be able to go eight, and maybe a complete game," Hahn said. The light-hitting Padres salvaged a split of the four-game season series by winning consecutive games for the first time since May 30-31. Robinson Cano had three singles for the Mariners, who beat the Padres in Seattle on Monday and Tuesday. Hahn (2-1) was making his third big league start. He held Seattle to an unearned run and five hits, struck out seven and walked two. In his last two starts, Hahn has allowed no earned runs and just six hits while striking out 14 in 13 innings. "He did a lot of nice things on the mound," manager Bud Black said. "He showed again composure for a guy whos only made three major league starts, so there was a lot of good today from Jesse." Huston Street pitched the ninth for his 20th save in 20 opportunities, getting a double-play ball after allowing a double and single with one out. Seattles Erasmo Ramirez, winless since April 1, left with a 1-0 lead after six innings. But Dominic Leone (2-1) allowed four runs, three hits and a walk while getting only one out in the seventh. Yasmani Grandal grounded out leading off the Padres seventh before they tied it on consecutive triples by Tommy Medica and Cameron Maybin. On Wednesday night, Medicas RBI pinch-hit single in the eighth gave the Padres a 2-1 win. Carlos Quentin walked and was replaced by pinch-runner Jace Peterson before Denorfia, pinch-hitting for Hahn, singled to centre to bring in Maybin with the go-ahead run. Joe Beimel came on and retired Will Venable before allowing Everth Cabreras two-run single to right. "Hittings contagious," Medica said. "A few guys start doing it, I mean, it starts clicking. We did it that inning and hopefully we can get it rolling a little morre.ddddddddddddquot; Ramirez held San Diego to two hits while striking out three and walking two. "Im back to being myself, like I used to be," he said. "Ive been throwing balls, balls and now this has been the opposite, throw more strikes. Every outing I feel like Im getting better. Im just going to continue to pound the strike zone. That is my goal." Said Black: "Ramirez had us. Whether we were behind the fastball and ahead of the change, he and (catcher John) Buck had us going back and forth. He had us in vice grips for those six innings. They made a pitching change and we got some things going." Cano drove in Seattles only run with his second single off Hahn, in the fifth. Cano extended his road hitting streak to 20 games. Brad Miller drew a leadoff walk and was safe at second on Endy Chavezs one-out grounder after Cabrera, the shortstop, dropped the ball for an error. Miller scored on Canos single to right-centre. "Im not going to take anything away from that young man," Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon said. "I thought he threw a pretty good game. He kept us off-balance with his slow curveball. He kept his fastball down for the most part. We had some chances but we just didnt have good at-bats in scoring opportunities today and that has been our challenge all year." NOTES: The Padres placed 1B Yonder Alonso on the 15-day DL, retroactive to Tuesday, with tendinitis in his right wrist. ... To take his place on the roster, OF Jake Goebbert was selected from Triple-A El Paso. Goebbert is still waiting to make his big league debut. He was in the on-deck circle in the seventh but was pulled back for Denorfia. He was acquired from Oakland on May 15 in the deal that sent Kyle Blanks to Oakland. ... Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko had his left foot put back into a cast and walking boot. He had removed them recently as he battles plantar fasciitis. "Its not a good sign," Black said. "But hopefully it helps."... The Padres open a three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday night, when RHP Dan Haren (7-4, 3.54 ERA) is scheduled to face RHP Ian Kennedy (5-8, 3.72). ... The Mariners head to Kansas City where they open a three-game series Friday, with RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (5-3, 2.59) scheduled to oppose RHP James Shields (8-3, 3.50). Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 57 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de