playing for their jobs was also an incentive. "We sai

in Allgemeines 18.06.2019 06:36
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

Melbourne, Australia - The third time was the charm for Li Na. The fourth-seeded Chinese star beat Dominika Cibulkova 7-6 (7-3), 6-0 at Rod Laver Arena to capture her first Australian Open title on Saturday. Li played in her third final in four years at Melbourne Park. She lost to Kim Clijsters in 2011 and Victoria Azarenka last year before finally breaking through at the seasons first Grand Slam event against the 20th-seeded Cibulkova. "After I win the match, I really, really exciting," Li said. "I think I have drops still coming down, you know. I try to have hug with the team, but is too high. I cannot catch it (laughter)." Her win came at the end of a fortnight featuring an array of surprising results on the womens side. It was the first time since 1997 that none of the top three seeds made the semifinals. Li committed 25 of her 30 unforced errors in a competitive opening set before she unexpectedly breezed through the second. She had a 34-11 advantage in winners, many coming on her lethal backhand, and converted half of her 10 break-point chances. The second double fault by Cibulkova in the matchs opening game gave Li an early break. A double fault then hurt Li as Cibulkova gained a break to level the first set at 3-all. Li earned a break point with a strong backhand winner in the ninth game, but two of her forehands flew long and Cibulkova was able to hold for a 5-4 lead. After closing out a relative easy service game with an ace to extend the set, Li earned two break points when she followed up Cibulkovas sixth double fault with a blistering crosscourt backhand. Cibulkova then netted a backhand to give Li a 6-5 lead before she broke back to force a tiebreak. Li raced out to a commanding 5-1 lead in the tiebreak and she later claimed the 70-minute first set when Cibulkova dumped a backhand into the net. The second set lasted only 27 minutes and ended with Cibulkova sending a ground stroke long. "You know, it was my first Grand Slam finals and Im just proud with the way I handle it," Cibulkova said. "You know, I just went on the court. I wanted to play my best tennis. It wasnt easy against her because she was playing extremely well. So Im quite happy." Li, who turns 32 next month, captured her second Grand Slam title, adding to her victory at the 2011 French Open, and improved to 9-11 in career finals. She also is just the fourth woman to win the Aussie Open crown after saving a match point. She fought off the match point in the third round against Lucie Safarova and joined Monica Seles (1991), Jennifer Capriati (2002) and Serena Williams (2003 and 2005) to accomplish the feat. "Yeah, start of tournament everybody talking about the age," Li said. "I would like to say age is nothing. Still can win the Grand Slam. So pretty happy about my age. I got more experience on the court." Cibulkova, who stands just 5-foot-3, knocked off No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova in the fourth round and No. 5 seed Agnieszka Radwanska in the semifinals to become Slovakias first Grand Slam finalist. The 24-year-old fell to 3-6 in her career title tilts and 0-5 against Li. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Authentic . Among the six changes: Drivers are now eligible if they have competed for 30 or more years in NASCAR or turned 55 in the calendar year before nominating day. Previously, drivers were not eligible until they had been retired for three years, so drivers can continue to compete and still reach the hall. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys China . There are practical ideas, like this Chewbaca inspired Star Wars jerseys. Star Wars themed jerseys for the Toledo Mud Hens. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseyselite.com/ . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27. Wholesale Jaguars Jerseys . The team announced the moves before Sundays game against Houston. Shaw was 1-4 with a 4.26 ERA in 43 games for the Diamondbacks. Bergesen was claimed off waivers from Baltimore on Friday. Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys .com) - The Atlanta Hawks have stepped up to every challenge during their 14-game winning streak and will face another daunting task Friday with Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder in town.CARDIFF -- Wales gave a two-time defending champions response to a demoralizing defeat by whipping France 27-6 and keeping its Six Nations title defence alive on Friday. So shaken to the core was Wales by its 26-3 demolition from Ireland, the only unbeaten team left in the championship, that coach Warren Gatland warned his British Lions-laden side that careers were on the line under the Millennium Stadium roof. The players answer was a robust performance of power, pace and poise, adding up to a third straight win over France last achieved 42 years ago. "That was the response we were looking for," captain Sam Warburton said. "We knew we had it in us." He admitted playing for their jobs was also an incentive. "We said in the week that we dont want to take our places for granted. We have probably worked our hardest in the last two weeks," he said. Stand-in centre George North scored after five minutes and fullback Leigh Halfpennys boot punished frequent French errors and a second-rate scrum with five penalties that propped up a 20-6 halftime lead. When Warburton reached out to plant the ball on the line in the 64th, the score became Wales biggest win over France at home since 1950. That margin will be vital in terms of points difference in the standings if Wales, which jumped over previously unbeaten France into second place, can stay on track and Ireland lose somewhere. The Irish are at Twickenham on Saturday. Wales performance wasnt assured beforehand, certainly not after lock Alun-Wyn Jones, who captained the Lions in their series-clinching win in Australia last year, withdrew just before the match with a foot injury. That gave a second Welshman, Jake Ball, his first test start beside scrumhalf Rhys Webb, whose zippy pass was a big factor in Wales frantic start. Five minutes in, lineout ball was spread left and inside centre Jamie Roberts drew two defenders. North gave Halfpenny an overlap and he chipped ahead. France fullback Bruce Dulin claimed the ball just before the tryline, but he was accidentally clipped in the head by teammate Jean-Marc Doussain and dropped the ball, which North pounced on in goal.dddddddddddd Halfpenny couldnt convert. He seemed to kick only the hardest goalkicks, and France kept giving him chances, especially from a scrum that Wales eventually got on top of. Captain Pascal Pape conceded the second penalty from a ruck, and tighthead prop Nicolas Mas the third for slipping in a scrum. Wesley Fofana was milked by North in a ruck for Halfpennys fourth, and a tighthead conceded just before halftime ended up giving Halfpenny his fifth penalty. Moments before then, referee Alain Rolland told both captains the scrum was a mess and threatened to dish out cards. He upheld his promise in the 50th, sin-binning Mas and counterpart Gethin Jenkins. By then, Wales was in charge and the outmuscled French had few options. "It was a catastrophic first half, our discipline was poor, and we gave away too many penalties," France coach Philippe Saint-Andre said. "We were totally apathetic in the first half." Dulin said, "They got on top of us very quickly and we couldnt pull ourselves together. We didnt go about things the right way. "We didnt start the game well and they just gained in confidence. After their match against Ireland they really wanted to put their foot down." France had a try rightfully disallowed early in the first half for a knockon, but the backs received no ball and didnt go close again until the 50th, when centre Mathieu Bastareaud slipped North and was stopped just short of the tryline, and couldnt offload to Dulin or winger Hugo Bonneval. The French backs were more involved in the second half, but Wales defence was smothering. Frustrated No. 8 Louis Picamoles got himself sin-binned in the 62nd and Wales took advantage. From a Roberts barging run up the middle, Warburton charged off a ruck and just managed in a double tackle with an outstretched arm to put the ball on the line. With 10 minutes to go, Wales substituted Adam Jones and Jenkins, Ball, Dan Lydiate, Webb, Rhys Priestland and Halfpenny, and all were cheered off as returning heroes deserve to be. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 152 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de