make it 5-2. Cuddyer finished 4 for 4 with three RBIs. No

in Spam 17.06.2019 06:39
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

DENVER -- Todd Helton has spent much of his career sending balls down the left-field line at spacious Coors Field. It was only fitting, then, that he reached a major milestone the same way. Helton doubled for his 2,500th career hit, Michael Cuddyer homered among his four hits and the Colorado Rockies overcame the loss of starting pitcher Tyler Chatwood to beat the Cincinnati Reds 7-4 on Sunday. Helton became the 96th player in major league history to reach 2,500 hits, and it came after a tough couple of days. Helton homered twice Friday to move within one hit of the milestone but went 0 for 4 on Saturday. He flied out, struck out and walked Sunday before facing reliever Curtis Partch in the seventh inning. "Every at-bat felt like it was getting longer and longer," Helton said. "I was getting a little concerned because I definitely wanted to get 2,500 here at home in front of the home crowd." Helton worked the count full against Partch before lacing a 96 mph fastball down the left-field line. He just beat the throw to second for his 584th career double. "A line-hugger that barely stayed fair, on a 3-2 count. Thats whats kept me in the league this long," Helton said. "Thats my bread and butter, to go the other way, especially with two strikes. To do it on the 2,500th is very fitting." It also was fitting he was called safe on a close play at second. "Ill probably remember the umpire yelling safe because he could have very easily yelled out," Helton said. He received a standing ovation from the crowd of 30,594 and tipped his helmet to the cheering fans. After the inning ended, the scoreboard showed a short highlight video of Heltons career. "As hes been closing in on it theres been a lot of excitement in the clubhouse," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "Its great to be a part of it. I got to see Todd in his very first game and to be here for his 2,500th hit, its a great experience for me. He showed up with a lot of hype and hes lived up to that hype. Every bit of it, and then some. Its been an amazing career." The Rockies had the game in hand before Heltons big moment after breaking it open in the fifth against Reds starter Mike Leake. DJ LeMahieus two-run double snapped a 2-all tie, Troy Tulowitzki walked and Cuddyer doubled to make it 5-2. Cuddyer finished 4 for 4 with three RBIs. Nolan Arenado, who homered earlier, added a sacrifice fly off reliever Alfredo Simon. Leake (11-6) allowed six runs on eight hits and struck out four in 4 1-3 innings. "It was a little frustrating just because I wasnt throwing the ball exactly where I wanted today," Leake said. Cuddyers 18th home run leading off the seventh gave the Rockies a 7-2 cushion. "We couldnt get Cuddyer out," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. Cincinnati scored single runs in the eighth and ninth to get within three before Rex Brothers got the final out. Shin-Soo Choo homered and had three hits for the Reds. Chris Heisey was 4 for 4. Chatwood, activated from the 15-day disabled list before the game, left in the third with a bruised right thumb after he tried to catch Leakes line drive up the middle with his bare hand. He was checked by a team trainer and initially stayed in the game. The right-hander allowed a two-run homer to Choo, his 18th, and walked the next two batters before leaving. "It started swelling up a little bit and I kind of lost a little bit of feeling in it," Chatwood said. "Its frustrating. You wait a month to start and that happens. I had no feeling in my thumb." He was replaced by righty Adam Ottavino, who got out of the inning with some nifty defence. With runners on first and second and two outs, Heisey reached on an infield single up the middle. Joey Votto tried to score from second but Helton, who took a relay from Tulowitzki, wheeled and threw out Votto standing up. Ottavino (1-2) tossed three scoreless innings to get the win. The Rockies staked Chatwood to an early 2-0 lead on an RBI double by Cuddyer in the first and a leadoff homer by Arenado in the second. That helped Helton celebrate his milestone with a victory. The lifetime Rockie, who is strongly contemplating retirement at the end of this season, his 17th, wanted to reach 2,500 hits quickly so he could enjoy the final month of the year. "It took me three days to get it, so I had a lot of time to think about it," he said. "I was pretty grouchy last night and this morning. I started feeling a little bit of the pressure, so its a relief. I can go out and play and relax and finish this year with a bang." NOTES: Helton moved past Robin Yount into 17th place on the career doubles list. ... Plate umpire Brian ONora left abruptly in the top of the eighth due to illness. The game continued with three umps. ... The Rockies recalled INF Josh Rutledge from Triple-A before the game. ... The Reds recalled Partch, INF Henry Rodriguez and OF Derrick Robinson. ... Rockies RHP Chad Bettis (0-3) will open a three-game series against the Dodgers on Monday. ... Reds RHP Mat Latos (13-5) starts Monday against St. Louis. Cheap Adidas Red Wings Jerseys . It was considered unlikely that Rielly would be loaned to Canada for the tournament, which begins Dec. 26 in Malmo, Sweden, though a stretch of three straight games in the press box made it something of a debate. Cheap Detroit Red Wings Jerseys .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. http://www.cheapredwingsjerseys.com/ . LeBron James leads the Miami Heat in a quest for three consecutive championship titles, while Tim Duncan looks to add his fifth ring with the San Antonio Spurs when the series tips off with Game 1: Miami @ San Antonio on Thursday, June 5 at 9 p. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . Ferrer, the two-time defending champion in Buenos Aires, is aiming to win his 21st ATP tournament. Ferrer will next face fellow Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, the fourth seed, who defeated Jeremy Chardy of France 7-6 (7), 6-3 in another quarterfinal match. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys .Y. - Terry and Kim Pegula have no immediate plans to tinker with their new NFL team.MADRID, Spain -- Sara Errani of Italy beat Andrea Petkovic 7-5, 6-1 in the first round of the Madrid Open on Saturday, avenging a loss to the German in the same stage four years ago. Errani advanced to play countrywoman Francesca Schiavone or Russias Elena Vesnina. Errani placed 87 per cent of her first serves in, and broke Petkovic five times while saving five of six break chances against her. Also, Bojana Jovanovski of Serbia beat Karin Knapp of Italy 6-1, 6-1, while American Alison Riske outlasted Estonias Kaia Kanepi 6-7 (7), 6-1, 6-2.dddddddddddd Christina McHale bettered training partner and fellow American Lauren Davis 7-6 (2), 6-3. Other winners from the first round included Spaniards Garbine Muguruza and Lara Arruabarrena, and Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 71 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de