e attack the game. I think thats been a big emphasis over th

in Signaturenspiele Allgemein 13.06.2019 05:57
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

Boston MA (SportsNetwork.com) - The Boston Red Sox and free-agent shortstop Stephen Drew have agreed on a one-year contract through the end of this season, the team announced Wednesday. Drew takes the 25-man roster spot of left-hander Felix Doubront, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strain in his pitching shoulder. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but multiple outlets reported that Drew will received around $10 million -- the prorated portion of the $14.1 million offer he declined last November. Drew batted .253 with 13 homers and a .333 on-base percentage in 124 games for the Red Sox last season, then started all 16 postseason games in Bostons run to the World Series title. Teams were reluctant to sign the eight-year veteran in the offseason because they would have had to surrender a high draft pick since Drew received a qualifying offer from the Red Sox. Boston will not have to forfeit a draft pick for re-signing Drew because he was its own free agent. Doubront started Tuesdays game against Toronto, a 7-4 Boston loss. He left in the fifth inning and said later he felt numbness in his shoulder, described by the Red Sox on Wednesday as "fatigue." Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys China . Floundering in the English Premier League, United has delivered better performances in Europe this season and stunned Bayern by taking the lead against the run of play through Nemanja Vidics header in the 58th minute. Bayern had dominated possession but struggled to create a clear-cut chance before Schweinsteiger arrowed a half-volley high into the net in the 67th to give the German side a slight advantage ahead of the second leg in Munich next week. Authentic Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . -- Canadian mens rugby coach Kieran Crowley has made four changes to his starting roster for Saturdays Pacific Nations Cup clash against the United States. http://www.cheapchiefs.com/61e-cheap-custom-jersey-chiefs.html . -- Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is going to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks. Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys Outlet . PETERSBURG, Florida – Its been almost seven years since the Blue Jays last won a series at Tropicana Field. Wholesale Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . The 20-year-old Inoue landed a series of combinations and the bout was stopped 2 minutes, 54 seconds into the sixth round. Inoue, the first Japanese boxer to claim a world title in just his sixth professional fight, improved to 6-0 with five knockouts.VANCOUVER -- Kadeisha Buchanan sometimes has to pinch herself. The 18-year-old defender with Canadas womens soccer team was always confident in her ability, but she never thought her rise would happen this fast. "I did not expect to come in at such a young age," the Toronto native said this week. "Sometimes when Im in my room I just relax (and think) Im actually here. This is a huge opportunity that Im willing to take and do my best." After scoring her first goal with the national team in a 1-1 draw with the United States last month, Buchanan will get another chance to show off her talents when Canada hosts Germany in another friendly on Wednesday night. And as Canada continues its preparations ahead of hosting next years womens World Cup, Buchanan has fit in seamlessly with the national team after impressing at lower levels. "I dont think its difficult because my teammates just encourage me to bring what I bring to the team," said Buchanan. "Theyre very accepting to what I bring." Canada head coach John Herdman said Buchanan -- who will play at this summers under-20 womens World Cup on home soil -- has impressed him ever since he first saw her at an under-17 camp in 2011. "She was just streets ahead of anything Id seen before," said the Englishman. "We didnt fancy taking her to the (2012) Olympics because she was 15. She probably could have handled it, to be honest. Shes that good." Herdman said Buchanans versatility is what has made her such an effective player in 13 appearances for her country, including 11 starts. "Weve challenged all the senior players to start showing the DNA of a modern centre back, and a modern centre back can play like a midfielder," he said. "They can disguise their passes, they have a range of different types of passes and they can defend. These younger players have been able to do that. Kadeishas never given her shirt back." Canada comes into Wednesdays game at B.C. Place Stadium ranked seventh in the world by FIFA, while the Germans sit No. 2 behind only the Americans. Herdmans team lost 1-0 in Germany last year in game that saw Canada defend well, but fail to get much going offensively. With less than a year until the World Cup, he wants to see more positive play as the team continues to build towards the showcase tournament. "We have to shift forward pretty quickly on how we attack the game. I think thats been a big emphasis over the last couple of days," said Herdman. "Last time we played against Germany we defended well, we hung on for 90 minutes, kept it within one goal. But we definitely didnt threaten them in a way that, if youre going to win a World Cup, you have to. "Im hoping that were a bit more lively. The game might be a bit more open and they might get a few more chances to score because were trying to change a few things in the way we go about how we play. Judge us on the amount of shots, crosses we have in the game and that will give an idea of how weve progressed against Germany." Canadian captain Christine Sinclair said Wednesdays game is crucial as the team looks to see where it stacks up against the worlds best on the field that will host next years final.dddddddddddd. "This is a huge preparation game for us," said the veteran striker. "Obviously a World Cup venue and were playing the second-ranked team in the world. I dont think many people understand that. They just see the Americans. Germany is a quality side. "Its a completely different test for us." Herdman has tried to implement a more free-flowing system since Canadas bronze-medal performance at the London Olympics two years ago, and despite that 1-1 draw with the U.S. in May, Sinclair said the players still have a ways to go. "I think consistency for us right now is very important. Were coming off a decent result against the Americans," she said. "Its important for us to be able to put together another one against another top side because thats whats going to be expected in the World Cup." While Canada has continued to produce good young talent in defence and midfield, the country still relies heavily on the 31-year-old Sinclair for goal scoring. Herdman said the national team is constantly trying to identify and develop talent in the attacking third, but it has not come easy. "You have to be ready to have a talent system where you have a profile, you know what that profile is and players then develop from the age of 13 on to fit that profile," he said. "I think thats not what weve done in the past. We havent had a very clear profile. "Its going to take time, but with the talent weve got, another (Sinclair) is going to pop up soon." Herdman said he expects Germany to present its usual well-organized defence on Wednesday, adding that his side will have to be clever in attack if its going to defeat the European giants for the first time. "Its got to be a high-tempo, possession game and weve got to have players with the technical capacity to work against that German block," he said. "There isnt a better defensive unit. Theyre physical, they move collectively together on every blade of grass, theyre so hard to break down. Its a huge challenge. "Youre going to see one of the best teams in the world here -- a huge challenge ahead of us." A year out from the World Cup, another huge challenge will be how Canada deals with the pressure that is already starting to mount as tournament hosts. But its something Herdman said both he and the players will relish. "When you come into a job like this, at the end of the day my role is to help these girls fulfil their dreams," said Herdman. "They want to win a World Cup here. I think collectively we all feel a bit of pressure that we dont want to let the country down, but were just going towards it, embracing it. "Its what gets us out of bed in the morning. We look it as our opportunity and not a curse. As soon as it becomes a curse, then you lose sight of why you come to work." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 71 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de