game. Whats the correct call, Kerry? Hopefully t

in Allgemeines 10.06.2019 06:43
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS - Most of the chants from the crowd in Minnesota earlier this season went like this: Teddy! Teddy! Teddy!This time the Green Bay fans took over: Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!Eddie Lacy gave the Packers another big lift. Teddy Bridgewater and the Vikings couldnt quite keep up.Lacy scored twice, on a run in the first quarter and a catch in the fourth quarter, and had season highs with 125 yards and 25 rushes to carry the Packers to a 24-21 victory over the Vikings on Sunday.Hes a workhorse. We need him in the winter months, said Aaron Rodgers, who threw for two touchdowns and 209 yards on 19-for-29 passing while again avoiding a turnover for the Packers (8-3).Those running plays between the tackles were working so well that Rodgers even surprised coach Mike McCarthy during a timeout by the Vikings with 2:31 left by lobbying for another one.I just kind of chuckled, because its usually the other way around, McCarthy said.Lacy and the offensive line delivered a 4-yard run on third-and-2 to take the clock to the 2-minute warning. One more first down sealed it for the Packers.One man cant tackle him, because hes just going to move his feet and hes going to fall forward every time, Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes said.After Bridgewaters second touchdown pass of the afternoon, the Vikings were within three points with 3:23 remaining. Coach Mike Zimmer said he shouldve called for an onside kick from the 50-yard line, after a roughing-the-passer penalty on the Packers during the previous play.I figured they were going to run the ball three times, and I figured we could stop them, Zimmer said.None of Lacys carries was more demoralizing than those gains of 3, 5, 4, 5 and 10 yards when the Packers got the ball back late in this game. The 10-yard reception on a shovel pass from Rodgers earlier in the fourth quarter to finish an 11-play, 87-yard drive was a dagger, too.Bouncing off guys, spinning off guys and getting into the end zone. Thats what Eddie does, right tackle Bryan Bulaga said.Here are some key points from the game:LACYS ILLNESSLacy wasnt around in the locker room to speak to reporters about his stellar performance because he wasnt feeling well, the Packers said. Three of his six career 100-yard games have come against the Vikings.BRIDGEWATER COMEBACKBridgewater mostly played again like a rookie, misfiring several times with high throws. Micah Hyde intercepted his pass in the second quarter near midfield, setting up a touchdown drive for the Packers. Charles Johnson was wide open on third down inside the 20 twice. Both attempts were wide of the mark, forcing the Vikings to punt in the first quarter and kick a field goal in the third quarter. Bridgewater said he was too jumpy early in the game out of excitement about playing Rodgers and the Packers.I just have to settle down and remain poised and just let the game come to me, he said.MCCARTHY MILESTONEMcCarthy raised his regular-season record to 90-48-1 to pass Vince Lombardi (89-29-4) for second place on Green Bays regular season wins list, still trailing Curly Lambeau (209-104-21). McCarthy is 14-4-1 with five season sweeps against the Vikings since arriving in 2006, including 9-1-1 in the last 11 games.JOHNSON EMERGESFor the second straight week, Johnson was Bridgewaters go-to receiver, targeting him 11 times. Greg Jennings was the next closest with six. Johnson hauled in his first career touchdown pass, a 22-yard completion that tied the game at 7 in the second quarter, and finished with 52 yards.Johnson was a seventh-round draft pick by the Packers last year out of NCAA Division II Grand Valley State. He wound up with Cleveland during that injury-ruined rookie season and was on the practice squad this year with the Browns when the Vikings signed him two weeks in.So this was the perfect time for that first NFL score.It was pretty exciting for me. Im not going to lie, Johnson said. Ive got to give thanks to the offensive line and Teddy for getting the ball to me. I wish we wouldve won. I wouldve rather had that.NO LETDOWNThe Packers, who beat Philadelphia 53-20 and Chicago 55-14 the last two games, avoided the trap against a struggling opponent with a game at home against surging New England next week. The Patriots beat Detroit 34-9, allowing the Packers to pass the Lions and take sole possession of first place in the NFC North.___AP NFL websites: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Tie Domi Jersey . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov. Bruce Boudreau Jersey . Rob Klinkhammer and Mikkel Boedker scored 63 seconds apart in the first period for the Coyotes, who handed the Kings their third straight loss and took over sole possession of eighth place in the Western Conference. Mike Smith made 36 saves. http://www.officialmapleleafspro.com/Nazem-kadri-maple-leafs-jersey/ . The bout served as the headlining matchup of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva" event, which took place at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati. It was Silva who looked well on his way to victory in the early going, delivering a pair of crushing kicks to the body that sent Brown crashing to the floor, doubled over in pain. Grant Fuhr Jersey .The team had a meeting prior to facing Russia at the world junior hockey championship and got the effort theyve been looking for by defeating the Russians 4-1 to advance to the quarter-finals. Darryl Sittler Jersey . The Rangers centre left early in Game 1 with an upper body injury after being checked by Canadiens defenceman Mike Weaver and has not played since. Brassard told reporters after practice that he was good to go. That brought a smile to the face of Rangers coach Alain Vigneault.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Ref The news says Ryan Getzlafs good fortune got the Anaheim Ducks their first win of the season. I say, the Ref blew the game. HOOKING, HOOKING. Getzlaf non-hooking call cost the Wings the game. Whats the correct call, Kerry? Hopefully the NHL will have a chat to this young ref. Thanks, Bill Ducks vs Wings, Saturday night game, with 23 seconds to go....Getzlav hooks Kronwalls hands as he has the puck in the corner. He goes down, Getzlav brings the puck out and scores the game winner. Are the wings cheated out of a sure point, maybe 2, or was that a fair non call at a critical time in the game? We can all agree, in todays NHL, that gets called in the first 2 periods 100 per cent of the time. Thanks for your analysis, Sam What would you have called on Getzlaff ? Hook or Knonwall just fell? Don Verrier Bill, Sam and Don: I reviewed Ryan Getzlafs game-winning goal at the request of Jamie Bibby, a follower of @kfraserthecall on twitter. Jamie admitted to being a Bias Red Wing fan but agreed with my analysis of the play. What, say you? I maintain, as did referee Tom Kowal, that while Ryan Getzlaf extended his stick with a one-handed reach and made contact with the lower hand of Niklas Kronwall, it was Kronwalls skate striking the dasher kick-plate that caused the Detroit defenceman to fall and turn the puck over. It was an excellent non-call by the referee! A referee must take into account the cause and effect of a play when determining whether an infraction of the rules has been committed. A stick slash, even one that appears to be somewhat forceful, often requires the evidence of a smoking gun determined through breakage, or when an opponents stick is knocked out of his hands prior to the referee applying his judgment to call a penalty. A stick placed in an opponents skattes, hands or other location is not necessarily a penalty until a legitimate trip or violation actually occurs.dddddddddddd There must be the presence of some negative consequence in determining almost all potential infractions. To the point, an illegal advantage must be gained as a direct result of some action committed by the offending player. One misnomers, propagated in large part by broadcasters, is that a stick placed in a parallel position, which makes contact with an opponents hands is generally ruled an automatic penalty by the refs. While there is a heightened awareness and focus by the referees to this potential foul, there must be some resulting consequence to the action before it becomes a penalty. As you looked at the beginning of this play you would note that Kronwall pinched at the Ducks blue line and attempted to contain Getzlaf from breaking through the neutral zone with a hook placed in the parallel position. Kronwalls stick did in fact contact Getzlafs lower hand and the Ducks captain was slightly turned but played through the restraint and continued to attack the puck. Kronwalls stick was in the parallel position, did make contact with Getzlafs hands, did cause some restraint but the resulting effect was not sufficient to warrant a penalty in the correct judgment of referees Kelly Sutherland and Kowal. The one-hand, weak extended reach by Getzlaf likewise did not turn the Detroit player or cause him to lose the puck or his footing. Kronwalls fall to the ice was directly a result of his own body position which caused his skate to hit the kick-plate almost simultaneously with the reach by Getzlaf. To penalize Getzlaf on this play would have been an overreaction. Referee Tom Kowal deserves kudos for gaining the proper sightline and applying the correct judgment on this difficult play. Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian brethren and Columbus Day wishes to my fellow U.S. citizens. Oh, the joys of dual citizenship. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 307 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de