" Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said Orpik has a

in Spam 06.06.2019 06:40
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik was expected to travel home with the team after being taken off the ice on a stretcher after being pulled down and punched by Bostons Shawn Thornton in the opening period of Saturdays 3-2 loss. The club said on its Twitter site that he "returned from the hospital and will be travelling with the team back to Pittsburgh." During the game, the Penguins said on their site that he was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where "he is alert and conscious." It happened in a wild sequence of events. Bostons Brad Marchand was injured on the other end when Thornton came skating up quickly from centre ice and grabbed Orpik from behind, knocking him down backward before punching him. Thornton, dressed in a suit and speaking very quietly in front of his locker after the game, said he was "sorry" for what happened. "Its hard for me to talk about right now. I cant say Im sorry enough. Im sure Ill be criticized, but its true," he said. "I felt awful. It wasnt my intention. I know Brooksie. Ive gotten to know him the last seven years here. I skated with him during the lockout. I texted him a couple of times. Its not what I wanted to see or anyone to see." In TV replays, it appeared that Orpik didnt move after taking the punch. He also appeared hit his head on the ice when he fell. Thornton was given a match penalty. Thornton has a hearing with the NHL. "I hope hes doing all right," Thornton. "I heard hes conscious and talking and Im happy about that." Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said Orpik has a concussion. "I think he was out on the ice for a period of time," Bylsma said. "So I think that means hes got a concussion, for sure." Players immediately called for medical assistance for Orpik. He was surrounded by members of both teams medical staffs before he was taken off on a stretcher after about a 10-minute delay. Pittsburghs James Neal was assessed a kneeing penalty for his hit on Marchand. "I mean, what do you want me to say? That I was trying to hit him?" Neal said. "No, Im going by him. I dont get out of the way, like I said. I need to be more careful and I guess get my knee out of the way, but Im not trying to hit him in the head or injure him or anything like that." In the games opening minute, Orpik hit Bostons Loui Eriksson with his shoulder near the wingers head as he turned to move up the ice. "I think thats a big reason why," Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said when asked why Thornton may have reacted like he did. Eriksson was stunned and went to the bench dazed before heading to the dressing room with a trainer taking one arm to help his balance as he got up from the bench. Eriksson didnt return to the game. Bruins coach Claude Julien said Eriksson left with a concussion and will not travel to Toronto for Sundays game. A few seconds after Orpiks hit on Eriksson, Boston captain Zdeno Chara charged at the defenceman and drew a cross-checking penalty. Boston forward Milan Lucic also fought the Penguins Deryk Engelland midway into the period. Jonathan Ogden Jersey . On Saturday night, Winnipegs strong offense was again accompanied by some fantastic pitching which gave the Fish a commanding victory. Iman Marshall Jersey . - After three days of light, make that very light, workouts, Team Irvin and Team Carter are ready for tonights Pro Bowl. http://www.cheapravensjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe was alert and recovering at a Denver hospital Saturday after suffering seizure-like symptoms when the teams bus pulled into the airport Friday afternoon for the flight to Kansas City. Trace McSorley Jersey . The 27-year-old forward has informed the Leafs that he will be unable to play in Monday nights home game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Ray Lewis Jersey .I get texts: Do you know Drake? Have you met Drake? He sits there every night, he hears me cuss out the referees every night, Casey said, laughing.BUFFALO, N.Y. - Former Blue Jays ace Ricky Romero will miss the remainder of the season following knee surgery. Romero, who plays for the triple-A Buffalo Bisons, had surgery Tuesday on his left knee to clean out quadriceps tendon inflammation. Hes expected to miss six months. The 29-year-old lefty is 0-3 with a 5.50 earned-run average in nine starts with Buffalo this season.dddddddddddd Romero, drafted sixth overall by Toronto in 2005, was the Jays ace in 2011 with a career-best 15-11 record and a 2.92 ERA. But his performance dropped off the next season to 9-14 and a 5.77 ERA. Following that, Romero was sent down to the minors where he has struggled to regain his form. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 212 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de