Two weeks after suffering a concussion, F

in Eure Scrolls und Lineages 05.06.2019 05:44
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

TORONTO – At a sprite 19 years of age, Morgan Rielly hasnt much minded spending the past few weeks living in a downtown Toronto hotel. “Its not so bad,” said Rielly with some glee on Saturday morning. “Im a teenager still so I like to get room service and order movies and stuff … Hopefully Ill get a few more weeks in the hotel. Ill have to wait and see.” Randy Carlyle wouldnt tip his hand on the organizations immediate plans for Rielly, whether to keep him with the Leafs in Toronto or send him back to the junior ranks in Moose Jaw for one more season. “I think Morgan Rielly is very close,” Carlyle said, questioned on whether he believed Rielly was ready to play in the NHL. “To say that unequivocally hes ready to play in the NHL is a tough question to ask and a tougher question to answer at this point.” Rielly didnt look out of place over the course of the exhibition schedule – he played in six of the eight games – but whether hes ready to step in and become a regular contributor in the NHL this season is the “tough question” that Carlyle and the Leafs will have to answer in the hours ahead. At the outset of training camp, Carlyle stated that the decision would lie in whether it was best for Rielly to offer 12-15 minutes nightly in the NHL – when he does play – or return to the Warriors for a year of likely domination, additionally suiting up for Team Canada at the World Juniors. “I feel like I am there,” Rielly said of his readiness play in the NHL. “But thats up to the coaches, if they want me to play this year or not. They have a team to play and a goal to reach, which is to play in the playoffs again; thats what they ultimately want. If they choose to keep me or to put me back to junior obviously Ill understand. Have to wait and see though.” The Leafs can keep Rielly in the fold just a little longer if theyd like – which seems likely at this point – with nine regular season games at their disposal to make a further assessment. Anything beyond that and they will exercise the first year of his entry-level contract, a fact they cant erase if his game slips at any point later in the season. With Cody Franson back on board following a lengthy contract dispute, the organization would appear to have six defenders ahead of Rielly on the depth chart, but still able to keep the B.C. native as a seventh option if they so choose. “We know hes played very well for our hockey club,” Carlyle said on Saturday evening, following a 3-1 win in the exhibition finale against Detroit. “Hes a talented young man and hes only going to get better. Those are the tough decisions that youre faced with.” Rielly for one, understood the difficulty of such a decision. “Absolutely I can [understand],” he said sincerely. “Thats why I say if I end up going back to junior I wont have any complaints. “I can obviously understand if thats what they choose.” Five Points 1. ‘Toughest decision Outside of the impending decision with Rielly, perhaps the most difficult choice Carlyle faces in the coming days is which goaltender to start in the opener in Montreal on Tuesday. “That probably is going to be the toughest decision,” he said. “[But] those are good decisions. Its tough on coaches and management to pick one guy when both have played well. But the underlying fact is its a great decision because we have 1-A and 1-B quality goaltenders, both guys can start.” For what its worth, James Reimer held the advantage statistically during training camp, boasting a .923 save percentage in four exhibition starts to that of Jonathan Bernier, who registered an .891 mark in four starts of his own. 2. Reimer ready to go Reimer was hopeful that hed earned that opening night start following a solid exhibition showing. “Obviously the starting job is what you want and hopefully thats the case,” he said. “But its obviously going to be Randys decision, what he feels is best for the team. I feel Ive worked hard and done what I needed to do.”In his final exhibition start on Saturday, Reimer allowed just one goal on 25 shots, albeit against a mostly AHL-laden Red Wings roster. Of his training camp in general, the 25-year-old was pleased. “Results have been good,” said Reimer before the game, “but those are, in essence, secondary. Its about getting ready and feeling good out there and feeling comfortable. And so far, Ive felt that way. I felt that with every game that I felt more and more comfortable and there have been fewer situations where I was not ready or was taken by surprise. Thats what exhibition is really about, just getting ready.” Reimer said he typically feels ready for the regular season after 2-4 starts in the exhibition. “Thats when youve pretty much faced probably 90 per cent of the chances that youll ever face during a season,” he noted. Carlyle has already declared that Reimer and Bernier will split the first two games with one to play in the opener against the Canadiens and the other to follow the next night against the Flyers. 3. Liles future lingers John-Michael Liles faces an uncertain future as training camp concludes; the 32-year-old on the outside of a secure roster spot following just three exhibition games. In the finale against the Wings on Saturday, Liles scored once and added an assist in nearly 19 minutes. “I think every time you step on the ice youre trying to build towards something,” Liles said afterward. “For me, this was my third preseason game, youre trying to build toward the regular season. I dont think it was necessarily a conscious thing to say I need to go out there and assert myself. Thats all you can do as a player and Im no different than any other guy.” Miscast for a role on a Carlyle defence, Liles situation is further complicated by a burdensome contract, which carries three more years at a cap hit of $3.8 million annually. Considering their cap crunch, the most likely scenario would see Liles placed on waivers in the days ahead. If he cleared, the club would save $925,000, unable to bury the full cap hit as in years past. 4. Preseason Schedule The Leafs concluded their eight-game exhibition schedule with their second back-to-back set, a Friday-Saturday affair with their new division rivals from Detroit. With a back-to-back, additionally on the road, to begin the regular season, Carlyle opted to dress a lineup Saturday chalk full of youth and very few regulars. “Its not something that you would say would be ideal when you have to finish on a Friday-Saturday back-to-back and then play your first two games of the season on Tuesday-Wednesday and open two buildings,” Carlyle said. “I dont think that is really ideal. I think it puts us somewhat at a competitive disadvantage.” 5. One last opportunity In light of the hectic exhibition schedule and need to keep regulars rested was an opportunity for one last impression before most of those dressing Saturday returned to the Marlies. “Its another opportunity to show the organization and the coaching staff that if need be they can be called upon to make a contribution to our lineup,” Carlyle said. The player who stood out most in that regard against the Wings was Josh Leivo, the 20-year-old scoring twice, including a laser beyond Jared Coreau in the final frame. Andrew MacWilliam additionally demonstrated the raw truculence that made him noticeable in the early days of camp, delivering eight hits against the Wings. Up Next The Leafs open the regular season in Montreal on Tuesday. Teez Tabor Jersey . The Raptors had an early deadline Sunday, a dreaded afternoon game, and they left the bulk of their work until the last minute, as theyve done so many times before. Kerryon Johnson Jersey . Mladenovics quick hands at the net made the difference while Bencics inexperience in doubles showed. "We took a lot of pleasure," Mladenovic told Sport Plus television. "Its extremely difficult to play in such conditions, but our doubles team showed a lot of quality. http://www.officialdetroitlionsfootball.com/authentic-darius-slay-jersey-womens . Then youve got to worry about the other up and coming teams in the two weaker divisions in the "Junior Circuit". Zach Zenner Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. Nick Bellore Jersey . Two weeks after suffering a concussion, Foles will start in place of Michael Vick, who is out for the second time this season with a hamstring injury.MONTREAL -- Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard says she had no problem with a controversial question she fielded at last months Australian Open, moments after the biggest win of her career. The 19-year-old from Westmount, Que., had just become the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam semifinal in 30 years when she was asked by an on-court female interviewer who she would like to date, if she could choose anyone in the world. Many observers quickly deemed the question sexist, with some asking whether a similar query would ever be put to a male athlete. The exchange attracted even more attention because Bouchard, apparently caught off guard by the question, blurted out an unexpected response on live TV: "Um, Justin Bieber?" Her reference to the Canadian pop star seemed to be tongue-in-cheek. Bouchard, who will represent Canada at this weekends Federation Cup in Montreal, said Wednesday she thought the question was all in good fun and she was happy to play along. "I think it was a fine question, you know, I think its entertainment for the fans," Bouchard said when asked at a Fed Cup news conference if she thought the Australian Open question was sexist. "It was actually a fan question, so at the end of the day, its for the fans and, if thats what theyre curious about, well thats fine by me." The No. 19-ranked Bouchard said she might like to know more herself about who, for example, a certain soccer player would want to date. Sometimes, she added, it can be fun to handle questions about something other than tennis because the answers might interest a broader audience. When asked if she thought a male athlete might receive a similar question, Bouchard didnt directly respond, saying the fact shes a younger player might explain why she got such a query. &qquot;You know, they wouldnt ask Roger Federer that question -- obviously, hes married and has kids," she said, referring to the 32-year-old Swiss tennis legend.dddddddddddd. "But I dont know, maybe, I think they should (ask) other single tennis players. Why not?" The question came after Bouchard, who was the 30th seed at the Australian Open, completed a stunning 5-7, 7-5, 6-2 upset of former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic. The victory made her the first Canadian to reach the semis at a Grand Slam since Carling Bassett-Seguso at the 1984 U.S. Open. Bouchards impressive run in Melbourne came to an end a couple of days later when she lost 6-2, 6-4 to fourth-seeded Li Na of China in the semifinal. But her accomplishments caught the attention of tennis fans in Canada and abroad, including a group of a dozen or so raucous Aussies who became her unofficial cheering section at every match. The group, which dubbed itself the "Genie Army," wore T-shirts that spelled her name, belted out cheers composed just for her and tossed stuffed animals to her on the court following each of her appearances. Bouchard was asked Wednesday about how much things have changed since her emergence at the Australian Open, where some commentators called her next big thing in womens tennis and a potential future Grand Slam tournament champion. "For sure theres been more attention and I think it comes with the job," said Bouchard, who added that more people now recognize her on the street. "It just shows, you know, if you have success on court, youll get attention off the court. But my first priority is tennis and I focus on that and make sure I get everything I need to do done. "And then if theres other attention off the court, well, thats a good thing." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 429 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de