-- After sleep-walking through the first half, the

in So geht´s Los. 04.06.2019 06:49
von miaowang123 • 300 Beiträge

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. -- Chad Knight said he was on edge. It never showed as he laced the biggest hit of his young life. Knight lined a run-scoring single to left field in the bottom of the seventh inning, and Westport, Conn., beat Northwest champion Sammamish, Wash., 14-13 in a wild game Friday to earn a spot in the U.S. championship game at the Little League World Series. "I went to the plate and I was a little nervous, but then I realized it was just any other at-bat," Knight said. "I just had to go out and put the ball in play. If we didnt score, I knew Alex (Reiner) would get the next three outs and we would score in the eighth inning." Connecticut beat Sammamish for the second time in a week to advance to play Chula Vista, Calif., on Saturday for a berth in the title game. Tijuana, Mexico, will face Tokyo for the international title. The World Series championship is Sunday. That crushing nine-inning loss to Chula Vista on Wednesday night was quickly forgotten when Knights ball landed safely, setting off a wild celebration near the pitchers mound at Howard J. Lamade Stadium "I was really just speechless because for us to compete and battle back was just amazing," said Knight, who also hit a solo homer to cap a seven-run rally in the fifth that tied it at 13. "It was our biggest comeback all year." The game marked the fourth time in Little League World Series history that two teams combined for 27 runs, and the 30 hits were the third-most in history. Charlie Roof started the winning rally by drawing a leadoff walk and Ricky Offenberg hit a one-out double down the left-field line. With five Washington players manning the infield and playing in, Max Popken then hit a one-hopper that Washington shortstop Jack Carper stabbed with pinch-runner Christopher Drbal breaking for home. Offenberg ran into Carper as the Washington player began to make a play for Drbal, who was tagged out in a rundown. Interference was called on Offenberg, leaving Drbal at third and Popken at first with two outs, and Knight followed with his winning hit. Im so proud of the kids, I cant even tell you," Washington manager Rob Chandler said. "We had extra infielders in. We were trying to do everything to win the game. Should I have walked Chad Knight? No, I shouldnt have. I wouldnt walk Knight if given a chance again, I would try to strike him out again." Washington scored 10 runs in the fourth on 11 hits to take what seemed like a commanding 12-5 lead, pounding a World Series record-tying eight straight hits off Connecticut starter Harry Azadian. The barrage was stunning and matched the record set by Dominican Republic in 1992 and equaled by Chula Vista, Calif., in 2009. Adam Carper, Dylan Matsuoka, Jack Carper, and Dalton Chandler each had RBI singles, and Will Armbruester added a two-run single. Zack Olson tripled home two more to complete the hit parade and also added a run-scoring double later in the inning. "We stuck with Harry because Harry has always managed to pull himself out of it," Westport manager Tim Rogers said. "Give them a lot of credit, they kept hitting. The kids never gave up, one pitch at a time, and thats how we did it. We knew we could score, but of course, we didnt want them to get that far ahead." Undaunted, Connecticut stormed back with seven runs in the bottom of the fifth, hitting three home runs to tie it at 13. After Washington starter Chandler reached his pitch count and departed, Matt Stone singled, Matt Brown doubled off the left-field wall and 13-year-old Alex Reiner homered off Armbruester in relief. Reiners was a three-run shot and it was a surprise -- it was the first of his Little League career. Roof followed with a double off Jack Carper, Drew Rogers lined an RBI single to right, and Popken homered to right centre. Knight followed with a long home run to left to tie the game. "While it was going in, we were just yelling," Offenberg said. "I dont even think we were saying words. We were that excited. I dont think Ive been that excited." Connecticut scored three runs in the bottom of the third, helped by three Washington errors, to take a short-lived 5-2 lead. It was an impressive showing by Westport, which somehow put Grant Holmans game-winning, three-run homer for Chula Vista far in the rearview mirror. "Being so close -- at some point youre going to lose. It would be rare not to," Rogers said. "I expect them to compete and shake it off. I expect them to be competitive." In their first matchup in the World Series earlier in the week, Westport built a 9-2 lead over Sammamish through four innings, then hung on for a 9-7 win. Azadian had three hits and four RBIs in that one as Westport sent 12 batters to the plate and scored seven runs in the second inning. Redskins Jerseys China Cheap . FIFA said in a statement Friday that "several racist and discriminatory incidents were apparently perpetrated by local supporters during the match, in particular by displaying neo-Nazi banners and by making monkey noises and gestures as well as Nazi salutes. Bryce Love Jersey . His big 2-minute outburst in the fourth quarter Tuesday night is all that really mattered for the Dallas Mavericks. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-earnest-byner-jersey . made a diving catch in left field for the final out in a 1-0 victory over the Miami Marlins in a regular-season finale Sunday. Zimmermann (14-5) allowed only two baserunners, finishing with 10 strikeouts and one walk in the fifth no-hitter in the majors this year. Art Monk Jersey .com Tours Nova Scotia Open. The 27-year-old Sloan, a former Texas-El Paso player from Calgary matched first-round leader Rodriguez at 10-under 132 on Ashburn Golf Clubs New Course. Sam Huff Jersey . City, fielding a depleted team having already qualified, was twice pegged back by the plucky Czech champions but substitute Negredo tapped home in the 78th minute and Dzekos header made sure of victory in the 89th. The result kept City three points behind Bayern Munich ahead of their meeting in Germany in two weeks. MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- After sleep-walking through the first half, the Grizzlies managed to wake up in time to claim their fifth straight victory at home. Zach Randolph had 23 points and 14 rebounds, and Memphis used a big second half to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 110-96 Saturday night. "Coach just stated the obvious -- that we cant let a team come in here and dominate us on both ends of the court," Memphis guard Mike Conley said of Dave Joergers halftime speech. "We just went out there and tried to be aggressive defensively." Randolph had 17 points in the second half to help Memphis outscore Cleveland 56-31 and rally from an early 15-point deficit. Conley and Marc Gasol scored 22 each for the Grizzlies. Conley added seven assists and Gasol had six. Courtney Lee finished with 19 points, including a career-high five 3-pointers, and Tony Allen had 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting. "Sometimes its just him getting himself going," Gasol said of Randolph in the second half. "Hes so hard to stop that no matter what they try to do its just Zach being Zach." Kyrie Irving led the Cavaliers with 28 points on 11-of-19 shooting, while Tristan Thompson was 8 of 10 for 18 points. Spencer Hawes had 13 points and Luol Deng 11. "Guys are going to make runs," Irving said. "They made their run. They had a hit-first mentality going into that second half." Memphis took control with its big third quarter and led by 91-83 with 8:56 left in the fourth. The Cavaliers used six straight points from Irving to pull within 95-94 with 4:03 left. But a baseline 8-footer by Randolph and a 3-pointer from Conley restored Memphis cushion. By the time Gasol scored on a hook shot with 1:13 left the Grizzlies lead was in double digits. "It was effort, energy and ffocus," Joerger said of the second-half effort that held the Cavaliers to 34 per cent shooting.dddddddddddd ".We were making one, two or three efforts. The energy picked up, and we made multiple efforts. They didnt have a lot of second chances." The Cavaliers dominated the first half, leading by as many as 15 points and taking a 65-54 lead into the break. The Grizzlies provided little resistance and Cleveland shot just under 70 per cent for much of the half before going to the locker room at 61 per cent. "In the first half we were the ones who were more physical," Cleveland coach Mike Brown said. "We were the ones hitting first." The energy and intensity increased for Memphis to open the second half and that translated into a 21-8 run to overtake Cleveland just past the midway point of the third. At that point, Cleveland had committed five turnovers in the quarter. Memphis would stretch the run to 26-8, including 17 straight points, for an 80-73 lead that became an 87-80 advantage entering the final frame. "There were positives from it," Irving said. "We fought hard to the end with the exception of the last 3 minutes. We can live with the effort." NOTES: Irving has scored at least 20 points in 17 of last 23 games. ... The Cavaliers 65 points in the first half were the most scored by a Memphis opponent in a half this season. The previous high was 62 in the second half by Dallas on Nov. 2. ... Gasol hit a shot at the end of the first quarter from beyond half court and banked it in. It was shown on the score sheet as 60 feet. It was his first 3-pointer of the season. ... The Cavaliers last won in Memphis on Jan. 13, 2009. ... The game was the nightcap of a doubleheader at the FedExForum. Earlier in the day, No. 21 Memphis defeated seventh-ranked Louisville 72-66. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 27 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de