Wi-Fi Not Connecting to an Open Signal

in Allgemeines 16.11.2017 14:47
von Williamhawk • 150 Beiträge

Well I'm visiting my sister and having to connect to her Internet connection I found myself having a connectivity problem that I don't understand.

She has an Arris modem with no password so the neighbors can also connect. I used to come here to visit her and never had connectivity issues despite by bedroom is not physically close to her modem and I used to connect to her service with my old laptop, a Dell Latitude with a Broadcoam Wi-Fi card and Windows XP.

Now I have an HP laptop with a Ralink RT5390 Wi-Fi card and Windows 8, but while I can see the Arris connection, when I try to connect I get a message saying that it's taking too long and that it cannot connect then.

Signal strength is the same detected by the old Dell, so I don't understand why I was able to connect with the other computer with outdated specs and cannot do it with this which is supposed to be better that the other from any perspective.

I had to connect to her secondary encrypted connection to gain access to the Internet, but would like to know if someone can figure out why I cannot connect to open connections using Windows 8?

I tried to connect to my cousin's open connection too, and happened the same.

Please help....

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References
https://www.win8forums.com/threads/wi-fi...en-signal.1331/
intro videos

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 199 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2628 Themen und 36429 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de